Hp of Pro Mac 700

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyM

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I was recently given a Pro Mac 700 that seems to run and work just fine. The guy that gave it to me claims it makes 7Hp. I know that's not true because my 5.4Hp 372XP cuts significantly faster (and has more torque) than the old McCulloch. I was just curious if anyone knew the true horsepower and RPM of that saw. I found that the new European McCulloch Pro Mac 72 makes 4.5 Hp @ 9000 RPMs. I would suspect that the old Pro Mac 700 is even less powerful and slower running than that. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say 4 Hp.

I was recently given a Pro Mac 700 that seems to run and work just fine. The guy that gave it to me claims it makes 7Hp. I know that's not true because my 5.4Hp 372XP cuts significantly faster (and has more torque) than the old McCulloch. I was just curious if anyone knew the true horsepower and RPM of that saw. I found that the new European McCulloch Pro Mac 72 makes 4.5 Hp @ 9000 RPMs. I would suspect that the old Pro Mac 700 is even less powerful and slower running than that. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say 4 Hp.

If your not impressed with the pro mac 700 it may be out of tune or there's something wrong with it?
Honestly if your going to use it find an old guy repair shop and ask him to go through it because the 700 I have could have a wheel strapped on it and drive me to work!

"because the 700 I have could have a wheel strapped on it and drive me to work! "

We have a P.M 700 that has been worked on by Jereme Bell out of N.Carolina(Southern Boy Repair)... She Screams! and I know we can run a longer bar than 28" but we will stick with that bar for now... The P.M 700 will be my main cutting saw! my 395 is for slabbing and my 2511t is for the small stuff and i have a 455 that i lend out to friends (as long as they are not cutting roots :p ) we :heart: the yellow saws:chainsaw: we have a 110 and a 2.0 cid eager beaver top handles too in the collection... addicted for sure

Wow, and to think I was about to tell him to put LONGER BARS ON BOTH SAWS AND SEE WHICH ONE IS MORE POWERFUL. How far did someone have to dig to bring this one back to life?

Wow, and to think I was about to tell him to put LONGER BARS ON BOTH SAWS AND SEE WHICH ONE IS MORE POWERFUL. How far did someone have to dig to bring this one back to life?
Nothing is off limits! :dancing::chop::dancing:they will be looking at this stuff thousands of years from now saying what a bunch of Neanderthals!

4 hp is not slouching by any means! :chainsaw: happy with the yellow!
my husqy 455 is less than that and cuts about anything i have gone up against within city limits ... Longer bar and skip tooth could mean the PM 700 could easily go up against 3' on the stump with without a burp:numberone:(sharp chain dictates happy results)

Back