Husky 240 bouncing around

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aarone1991

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Today I bought a Husky 240 for $90. I saw it on clearance and couldn't resist.

I got it home and used it for about 10 minutes then set it down and holy moley it was bouncing and vibrating around like a mexican jumping bean after an energy drink. So I turned it off and am quite perplexed

Is this a result of the saw idling too high? The chain wasn't turning while it was idling.

What is causing this and what adjustments do I need to make?

Oh and I bought the last one so I can't get another.

Thanks,

Aaron

Whatever u do don't fool with the carb settings. The 240 is one of the touchiest saws to get running. If you rerplace or rebuild the carb, I suggest replacing the carb to intake gasket as well. MIne would idle ut not run a wot. Repalced gasket and all is good. Thewhole saw is a pain to work on as you have to totally tear it apart.

Today I bought a Husky 240 for $90. I saw it on clearance and couldn't resist.

I got it home and used it for about 10 minutes then set it down and holy moley it was bouncing and vibrating around like a mexican jumping bean after an energy drink. So I turned it off and am quite perplexed

Is this a result of the saw idling too high? The chain wasn't turning while it was idling.

What is causing this and what adjustments do I need to make?

Oh and I bought the last one so I can't get another.

Thanks,

Aaron
That's just all that raw power inside wanting to be unleashed.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Those orange poulans are known to hop around since they are pretty lite.

You got a new saw for $90 and want perfection?

No, of course not. I simply wanted to know if it was normal or if it was an indication of an issue. In this case, the screws were loose which was an issue that could be fixed. :)

U run a saw on my garage floor (concrete) without a cushion, you will be asked to leave.

ead8859a12d41c0414f90975df61aab0.jpg

Whatever u do don't fool with the carb settings. The 240 is one of the touchiest saws to get running. If you rerplace or rebuild the carb, I suggest replacing the carb to intake gasket as well. MIne would idle ut not run a wot. Repalced gasket and all is good. Thewhole saw is a pain to work on as you have to totally tear it apart.
I can vouch for that, they are a pain.

Steve

Latest posts

Back