Ported saws in Canada

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome, so I’ll definitely keep my eyes open on Kijiji!

Thanks dan!
While the Dollie has low hours , look at the feĺling/bucking spikes....

A deal on a 5100 series or bigger Dollie would be nice or a Stihl pro series.
Less likely to find a Husqvarna pro saw because of the msrp is higher than what they should be to start off here .

In NS, Truro, no pics but I’m sure he would send some too you. https://www.kijiji.ca/v-power-tool/...p_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=ios_social

Keep an eye on kijiji, even in NS, there was a Stihl 460 mag on there for a day and must be sold now. The pro saws tend too to quick but if you look, you can definitely find a nice saw. I’ve had great luck with wanted ads on kijiji, if you know what exact model you want.

So something like this is in the same price range of a brand new 291. Why would I buy used with similar cc’s? (Guessing it’s used, didn’t check the ad)
It’s new for $499.

It’s new for $499.
Ah ok. Not bad then. I may let it slide for this moment as he’s in ON and it would be a little harder for me to be able to get it. I now know what to look for though.

Thanks everyone for all the insight!

If you go up, go up....You don't need ported saw. You need a good strong saw.
Check on eBay or any other possible adds for MS460 Magnum.
You may find one for $500, but even if you add some extra to it is worth it.
Will be the best saw you ever have. And you can use it with 18 to 32 inch bar.
I do have one and I will never change for any other saw.
Good luck my friend.
Guess you haven’t run many ported saws. MS460 are one of the most choked up saws the factory produced.

A buddy at a GTG handed me a few stock saws, I made some cuts and then asked him what was wrong with the saws. He said “nothing, they are stock”.

I’m not sure if CFB is still taking work, but he is as good as they come. No issues there.

Guess you haven’t run many ported saws. MS460 are one of the most choked up saws the factory produced.

A buddy at a GTG handed me a few stock saws, I made some cuts and then asked him what was wrong with the saws. He said “nothing, they are stock”.

I’m not sure if CFB is still taking work, but he is as good as they come. No issues there.
You are very wrong my friend. I run more saws and ported saws then you ever will.
The one you may use was something wrong. The 460 is better then 660.....
At the GTG I run my 460, some guys from here did to, they can say how the 460 run and is not ported.
Talking by ported saw....they run better after ported but don't hold for long time, they will get destroy in no time.

You are very wrong my friend. I run more saws and ported saws then you ever will.
The one you may use was something wrong. The 460 is better then 660.....
At the GTG I run my 460, some guys from here did to, they can say how the 460 run and is not ported.
Talking by ported saw....they run better after ported but don't hold for long time, they will get destroy in no time.

I don't know who you are but from your tone and statements above I have to assume you are a moron.

So something like this is in the same price range of a brand new 291. Why would I buy used with similar cc’s? (Guessing it’s used, didn’t check the ad)

The echo above is not a "true" pro saw. It's the downgraded version of the 620 which is a pro saw. That said, where the 291 is a homeowner saw through and through (clamshell, heavy for the power, overpriced) the echo shares a lot of the pro construction with it's nicer counterpart. The handlebar, sprocket, carb have been cheapened up, but the split crankcase and top end remain a more professional design meant for a longer service life with better options to repair.

While you could get much more saw for that five hundred bux, it will be used and somewhat of an unknown entity.

That’s not a bad price (especially no-tax and delivered, if possible.) in Canada right now for that cs590, and it’s a good new saw.

Just skimming through this quickly as I don't have my glasses.

I know what its like to be off the grid with 'your' wife and 'things' become so telegraphed and you realize man can not live on bread alone.
Your new years resolution becomes "I don't want to 'do it more'' ..I just want more of them to do it with. Then you find yourself taking it out on your chainsaw because 'it's' not working as it should
anymore.

Then next thing you start looking for 'Pros' on Kijiji or CL.?

If you are going to be off the grid then just pace yourself in everything you do.

Someone mentioned EHP.. I wouldn't hesitate to hand him a saw to grind on if nothing has changed since he did my OE 372XPW 15 years ago. That saw is awesome. I sold it to a buddy a few years ago and even though I have no use for it now, I still regret it sometimes.

Back