Ok ... Where's The 572xp???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
14.5 lbs and 5.7 hp compared to Stihl's 462 at 13 lbs and 6 hp. Price would have to be very attractive, at least for me. That's IF these claimed weights are accurate. I'm not sure I like that rounded aerodynamic top cover.

14.5 lbs and 5.7 hp compared to Stihl's 462 at 13 lbs and 6 hp. Price would have to be very attractive, at least for me. That's IF these claimed weights are accurate. I'm not sure I like that rounded aerodynamic top cover.
5.8 hp[emoji16] Prices are good. The weight difference is pretty big, but running both saws back to back is the best way to evaluate things IMHO, not just numbers, even if they're quite impressive.[emoji111]

I wouldn't put much faith into rated HP numbers. Even if correct there are more aspects to engine performance then just HP. In the test I seen they performed similar.

Idk? ... 572 Looks Good Spec'd ... As long as it Performs? ... Sad the 461 is Gone! Again, Stihl's gotten to Corporate. "Our Dealer called their Distributor to Spin me a Loop of 404 for a Cannon 33" for the 880. They refused, as it Doesn't Jive with a Stihl Bar, unwilling, claiming it's a liability!!! ... My Dealer is Respectable, They were frustrated & never heard such a thing coming from Stihl???572.jpg

The Man, seems to Prefer The Husky in the Pull? …

Yeah I've seen this. The test in bigger wood seem to prefer the Husky, which with its longer stroke makes sense. In most of the vids they seem close enough that power is probably not a deciding factor. Without having both to play with I'd guess the Husky would be better if you are doing larger cutting and the stihl in slightly smaller stuff. Splitting hairs it seems

Yeah I've seen this. The test in bigger wood seem to prefer the Husky, which with its longer stroke makes sense. In most of the vids they seem close enough that power is probably not a deciding factor. Without having both to play with I'd guess the Husky would be better if you are doing larger cutting and the stihl in slightly smaller stuff. Splitting hairs it seems

Certainly, understood … suppose just still surprised this 572 is not on the shelf by now., Here at least? … sure would love to see, hear some perspective from the members , Now that the 462 has, well, been Out and About!

Back