Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a friend that manages a local hardware store that was bought by Lowes up here , Eastern Embers was the brand of wood pellets that got the least complaints , mostly made of spruce sawdust from mills , he'd get complaints about ash buildup from the manufacturers that advertised "Premium Hardwood" lol
Never thought about that.
Might as well grab the softwood since you're getting the same weight it should be about the same BTUs anyway.
The great thing for me is I have what I call the chevy 350 of pellet stoves and it will eat about anything you feed it. I like to buy the bags that are damaged or returned, why not for half price or even sometimes a dollar a bag :dancing:. I only use a few bags a yr anymore. I bought 5 this yr and have burned what was left in the stove from last yr and 2.5 bags, we had a sitter here with the kids when we went to Niagara Falls so that made it easier on her/the kids to keep the house warm, small price to pay for a nice vacation for my wife and I :heart:.

For me, the worst smelling wood is black locust. 90% of my wood is red oak, never really noticed a smell.
I don't like the smell of black locust burning sometimes, but other than that it doesn't bother me smell wise. I hate the black film it leaves on my cars though arrrrrg, and getting hit by the thorns :surprised3:, sure glad my wife makes the plantain tincture :bowdown: as it makes it all better instantly :yes:.

Back