Got me a wood thief

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polish hammer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Caught this loser 4th time he did it finally got a picture n figured out who it was.. bad thing his total that he stole was $74 in bundles n in my town ship I can’t press charges under $100 anyway the sheriff still went talked to him and told him come pay me and not return or he will be charged with trespassing! Worst thing is he bought wood from me 2x and paid.. and later find out he owes my brother about $400 for pool tables and other bar restaurant equipment!

Attachments

• 97CF18E5-4053-4355-A26B-634C8BF9C8F5.jpeg
    97CF18E5-4053-4355-A26B-634C8BF9C8F5.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 253
  • 20A31345-409F-40A2-81AC-FF6D2EDB5715.jpeg
    20A31345-409F-40A2-81AC-FF6D2EDB5715.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 245
That’s what I said town of is the sheriffs department under $100 not able to press theft charges.. I know dumb I wanted to put a smoke bomb in it with fresh cut cottonwood but my luck an innocent old couple would have got them somehow.. and once confronted he said he wasn’t there them other times but admitted to the pictures and said” that’s me and money must have blown out of his wallet” And he also said he would come pay me to the sheriff n never came P.oS

I set up 3 trail cameras I live on a main highway so I had to go through 1000s of pictures from headlights and people turning around but one I mounted on a tree about 14 feet up... and the the other 2 got covered by snow I missed him by 14 minutes coming home from work once I found out who it was I went to his house seen vehicle him and bundles.. I ultimately left beyond pissed but decided a confrontation might end worse

I was told about a person who was loosing his wood to his neighbor, so, he drilled some of the wood, put a 12 ga shotgun shell in it, then packed the hole with sawdust. Put it back in his wood pile, several days or a week later, came home, to see the fire dept at the neighbors house. He found out that they had put some wood in their stove and something exploded in the stove, filling the house with smoke and ashes, no one got hurt , but really scared them. Funny thing, the guy quite loosing wood right after this incident.

Some new people moved into the house behind us, her father was in the backyard one day, eyeing my wood shed/pile. Made a comment about knowing where to get some wood, and smiled at me. Well i told him the above story and said, it wouldn't be a good idea to take any of my wood. I just smiled back at him, and said, see ya.

He handled it correctly, or he would be locked up and have made the thief a victim.

Unfortunately, You are right, still doesn't make it Right, but you are correct:(

Also Unfortunate, is that I would probably get Locked up, as I still believe in the settle your problems yourself philosophy ;)

Doug :cheers:

Back