Roasted Almonds

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
2 batches, both soaked in Mesquite Liquid Smoke and slow pan fried in Olive Oil. One garlic and salt, the other with brown sugar and very lightly salted.

Normally I buy Smokehouse Blue Diamonds, and these are as good. :)

RoastedAlmonds 001 (800x600).jpg
RoastedAlmonds 002 (800x600).jpg

Where do you get your raw almonds?
N

Kirkland brand. Bought these years ago, and tried this with poor results. I followed a recipe, that baked the almonds. I could not get the spices to stick. Soaking, and pan frying is the trick. Pan fried at lowest temp, stirring and adjusting to taste over an hours time. :)

3f2f29ca6c21fe0e09b40b73b5bcce37.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And?

I have been working steadily on improving my Roasted Almonds. Last batch was with the almonds marinated in Olive Oil + Worchestershire + salt + garlic powder. The roast has to be done at the lowest stove heat for 90+ minutes (YMMV). The almonds must dry out internally without burning the outer layer. If done right, it is Damn Good!!!

And?

I have been working steadily on improving my Roasted Almonds. Last batch was with the almonds marinated in Olive Oil + Worchestershire + salt + garlic powder. The roast has to be done at the lowest stove heat for 90+ minutes (YMMV). The almonds must dry out internally without burning the outer layer. If done right, it is Damn Good!!!

I brine mine for 10 minutes and season them to what I want
I will try your recipe!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back