What Stihl saw was/is better than it's successor?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda wondered what Stihl is doing with all those boxes they don't give to the customer...When I sold on ebay I used to use Echo chainsaw boxes to send chainsaws in but I marked out the labels so it would show there wasn't an Echo saw inside...

When I picked up my 661 a month ago I asked the dealer for the box and they gave it to me... Doesnt seem to be a rule against it or anything.

good move i bought 3 myself. Did the dealer let you keep the boxes?

Typically Stihl dealers keep the boxes. I believe this may be in part due to cloners. If you want a box with your saw you may have to buy an Echo...
Not sure if Husqvarna dealers give you the box or not..
i asked /told my guy i wanted the box for my 462. he looked at me like why would you want the box? i stihl have the box from my 023. i think it has some of my beer can collection in it.:laugh:

I wouldn't know what a Stihl box even looks like...never saw one except the one my pole saw came in. I usually buy my Stihls used and rebuild them myself. The previous owners don't provide a box but the saws usually are covered with about a half inch of dirt....
Well then might I suggest you get one!

I have a nice 272xp, it does the job but the 371/372xp original i prefer better. The newer saws seem to rev faster and that is great for limbing. I also like the automotive style air filter better.
Also agree the 026 to 261 is light years better in most regards

I am still trying to get excited about a saw better than the original 044 that was like 12.8lbs and revved quick and still had good torque too, only thing it could use is better AV. Maybe i'll go test drive a 462 and get excited, wish it wasn't so much money.

If you're just bucking for firewood the old ones still do the job, shoot i still love getting the old 041 farmboss out once in a while, might even choose it over the 290 farmboss.

Back