365 special clone idle issues.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TBS

I have chainsaws and chainsaw accessories.
Reaction score
As some of you know I have more than a few clone saws. My 365 clone has been having a hard time idling and seems to flood at idle no matter how far in the low speed screw is set but the high speed adjusts fine and it will four stroke nicely.

I've gone over it thuroughly, the piston and cylinder look great, the gaskets are sealing good, the intake is good, but carburetor seems to have a leak around one of the adjustment screws. I pulled both screws and noticed they both have a recessed area about halfway down the threads on the low screw and 3/4 down the threads down on the high that looks like a place for a small o-ring seal but don't see one on any ipls I've looked at.

Went through it today, cleaned and made sure Welch plug was sealed(it is)......still won't idle. Took it apart again then left the metering block loose and it idled until I tightened it. One thing that I noticed was the carburetor seal to the intake boot is questionable so going to add a seal to that.

Got it fixed just in time for the start of my brush pile burning. 11$ for a new carburetor so i bought 3, one is for a frankensaw project involving and ebz8500 blower p&c.

Back