Husqvarna 350 with lp chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone ever run a Husqvarna 350 with a lp chain setup? Is it better or worse than the .325?
I only ask because I have a ton of 3/8 lp chains I wouldn't care if they get messed up for flush cutting stumps. I figure it wouldn't be too difficult to adjust an A041 bar to fit the saw and get a rim sprocket to match.
Am I wrong?

While I don't have a husky 350 I do have a 52cc Chinese saw that takes the exact same bars and chains.
It has 3/8lp on it with a stihl 018/025 3/8lp Chinese bar, this bar fits without mods and it has a Chinese 3/8 rim sprocket. I did have a 3314 poulan 3/8lp bar on it at one time too, you need to drill some holes to make it fit, but it had a small tip and I like the larger tipped stihl bar better.
I've read 3/8 and 3/8lp rim sprockets are different but the Chinese one works fine with lp chain. That's what came on that saw when it was new, I switched it to .325 as I had some extras of those than back to 3/8lp lol.
It's a little faster in hardwood and about the same in softwood as .325, if your saw likes to rev the smaller chain is faster.

Back