Hyway Squish Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

944storm

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Good morning gentlemen,

Been playing with a 365 special that was bought at christmas time. It is a 2000 model and it works much better than the 455 I had. Now, because I can't leave well enough alone, I was thinking of putting a Hyway Big bore with pop-up on it. Just wondering if anyone has checked the squish on the hyway kit.

In the spirit of learning the most about these saws, I may have bought a Huztl 372 repair kit and have started assembling to learn about these fine machines!

Thanks in advance!
Happy Cutting!!

I don't know about the Hyway BB but I have used a couple of Farmertec ones, one with a Hyway pop up, and with a short bar there's not much difference between them and a 365/372. They may have a little more torque. I don't know how they run with a longer bar. The squish on the Farmerec ones came in at around .030

The kit I am putting together has the farmertec big bore and the squish, w/o base gasket, comes to .032. I bought a Hyway popup for it and the squish went to .044. I went back to the Farmertec. Was hoping the Hyway cylinder matched their piston better. I guess the best way to find out is to order one and try it on the kit saw, or maybe get another kit saw and just have a 3rd saw!

Latest posts

Back