Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’ll burn.

The 4x4’s are always at like 5% or wont read. Burn SUPER hot. If i leave them outside for a few months they actually go up to like 10% and are a bit easier to use. They actually burn for a very long time.

The small pc in the bed are what i use exclusively fir top down fire starting.

467bf81e0e93283350173e99410dbe33.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lost about a foot of snow today. I can see the top of my split pile! A lot of bare ground on the fields but I still have a few feet behind my place where it drifts in. 12°C today. Supposed to freeze and snow tomorrow afternoon. Yuck, I hate the in-between season!

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Another couple weeks and they will look like that no matter where your cutting on the tree.
Lots of back barring, spray as much away from yourself and the saw, I also spray my saws down with wd40 before cutting sappy wood and every time I fill them up, just need to be sure to keep it off the handles.
I saw some sap bags full today in the river valley, looked like a couple gallons each bag.

Might be some scroungin goin on here in the next couple days. Just had a no joke storm blow through. Fire dept, cops and power company here. Blew a branch across all 3 legs of the high voltage lines. Lit up like Christmas. If I wasnt on the fone with 911 when it was happening I woulda got video. Power out. Sump pump pit is rising....

I think thats a Johnny Cash song....

Might be some scroungin goin on here in the next couple days. Just had a no joke storm blow through. Fire dept, cops and power company here. Blew a branch across all 3 legs of the high voltage lines. Lit up like Christmas. If I wasnt on the fone with 911 when it was happening I woulda got video. Power out. Sump pump pit is rising....

I think thats a Johnny Cash song....

Battery backup?

Iv got one and am installing a 2nd slightly above that one this year. Ill have a battery backup for my battery backup with a backup submersible pump (garden hose kind) on standby [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back