Home owner not home.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rtodd79

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Question. I received a text from and individual asking if I did tree removals. I replied yes i do. Individual sent a picture with trees for removal clearly marked and asked for a quote for complete removal and stumps ground. I said sure no problem will go by and take at look at the site and get them the requested quote. Person replied back that no one would be able to meet me because he was out of town on an emergency business trip. I said ok no problem I can still go by and look and provide a quote. I later asked when he would be back in town because I have no intention in doing anything until i have a face to face with the homeowner. He said he would be back before the end of the month but wanted the work completed before he gets back. I looked up the tax records for the address he provided and that name doesn't match the name he provided me with initially.

Has anyone else had this happen and how did you handle it. My concern is it's a disgruntled neighbor or an angry ex. They also asked if accepted credit cards as payment, in which i do but still just seems very sketchy to me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I wouldn't do the work until I met with them face to face. At the very least have them send a selfie with their ID.

I doubt an ex would do this, but I could definitely see a neighbor wanting some tree's removed and takes the opportunity to do so while the owner is out of town for a while. Doesn't really matter who it is, if I don't see the owner face to face, I don't do the job. I don't need money bad enough to warrant getting sued in a situation like that.

Scam! I've received text from several of these. If they always have an excuse as why to not meet you then you know. Also how it's worded. "I like to know if you cut tree and remove and do you take credit card". Just ignore them and they usually don't text back.

I told the last one that my name was Dwight Schrute and that I would need to check with my regional manager before I could quote the price. Then I blocked that number on my phone.

It has been a little while, but I used to periodically get texts addressed to Dwight from random numbers.

Latest posts

Back