Alert Jred saws on eBay not as advertised

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May be it is because you are a straight up, forward talker, a real mean dude! :laughing::yes:

@chipper1 maybe it is because you talk so much you don’t remember how many people you put down. I told everyone in the beginning to be careful because of the negative feedback but you had to remind everyone with your thoughts . Lol
Which is something you “police” everyday .. have a great weekend!!! Bill
Here I am trying to intervene and help some people and @chipper1 is doing what ? I have a better idea @chipper1 can call the office and get the broken saws immediate attention .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My understanding of US retail laws are, refurbished or remanufactured items have to be labeled and sold as such.
Regardless if it is still a good deal, the seller selling refurbished saws as new is in the wrong here, and could end up in hot water if anyone calls them out on it.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

@chipper1 my first post about the Jred eBay saws. CAUTION .. that is why I called them a couple of times . I would be thanking the people that posted pictures of the broken plastic etc. Anytime something is half price and you are buying from EBay you better have CAUTION.
734709b8f799b17620c0ebd5bc759085.jpg

@chipper1 maybe it is because you talk so much you don’t remember how many people you put down. I told everyone in the beginning to be careful because of the negative feedback but you had to remind everyone with your thoughts . Lol
Which is something you “police” everyday .. have a great weekend!!! Bill
Here I am trying to intervene and help some people and @chipper1 is doing what ? I have a better idea @chipper1 can call the office and get the broken saws immediate attention .

Really, where are all these post of me putting people down, I'd like to see them.
I did let people know my opinions, is there something wrong with that, are you not doing the same thing!
Yes, convince others you are a nice guy with the "have a great weekend" statement lol.
No, you're trying to act as though you have some sort of influence in the decisions made by the seller, I never offered to take care of any issues with these saws, but I did offer advice as to how others could deal with it.
If anyone wants my help I'd be more than happy to assist them, but I'm not acting as if I can do anything for them they can't do for themselves. The number is on the ad, all they have to do is call or send a PM to them, they were easy to work with and I haven't seen anything to make me believe they wouldn't take a saw back or work with a buyer who was unhappy.

@chipper1 my first post about the Jred eBay saws. CAUTION .. that is why I called them a couple of times . I would be thanking the people that posted pictures of the broken plastic etc. Anytime something is half price and you are buying from EBay you better have CAUTION.
734709b8f799b17620c0ebd5bc759085.jpg

I'm not sure what your point is.
Isn't that the joy of buying on eBay that you always speak of, the protection you have.
As I've said, for those who have had a problem contact the seller and see what they say, isn't that how things get done; you have a problem with someone(or a company) you go to them, or you can go to the internet and complain before you actually try to work things out like so many and then complain the whole way.
Interesting how other posts, now removed from the site you praised the safety of eBay, now we all need to use such caution.

Come on guys it's eBay. If you're not satisfied let them know and your guaranteed to get your money back. If the seller doesn't work with you then Ebay will make sure you get it back. Now let's all get off our Duff's and to do something fun like cut wood.
Is that an invitation?

I bought some new cows once with a letter burnt on them. I thought about taking them back, but at least if they get stolen I know where and what the brand looks like. They were nice and pretty cows and turned out good.
So do you know if they were new, used or refurbs?

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what your point is.
Isn't that the joy of buying on eBay that you always speak of, the protection you have.
As I've said, for those who have had a problem contact the seller and see what they say, isn't that how things get done; you have a problem with someone(or a company) you go to them, or you can go to the internet and complain before you actually try to work things out like so many and then complain the whole way.
Interesting how other posts, now removed from the site you praised the safety of eBay, now we all need to use such caution.

@chipper1 TRY IT .. It might help you!!!! Lol I doubt it. Working in my shop modding the beautiful 2166’s I have !!!!!
Plenty of protection on eBay and PayPal for me!!!
90d55f5164c3f45089a2c80137720196.jpg

Come on guys it's eBay. If you're not satisfied let them know and your guaranteed to get your money back. If the seller doesn't work with you then Ebay will make sure you get it back. Now let's all get off our Duff's and to do something fun like cut wood.

Well said !!!!!

I'm just wondering what they have to say about the "R". Any other damage or corrosion would make sense on something that sits around for half a decade, even on a TSC shelf. I thought Bill had the "secret bat line" from comments earlier in the thread. It's all good though. At this point, until we hear from the entity with these goods, it's all speculation and guesswork.

Honestly you know I helped the first person but you and chipper1 want to keep your little game going . Did you post your info about the R after you purchased? I have the connection your right and I said I would help after Monday when they get a chance to catch up . I also said PM if you need help. How can I be anymore clear ??????

Picture from my 2016 R eBay saw.
1566cd5a9be7839dcd5efca89fbd146c.jpg
b40f47a58039e07234aa5a9d85553522.jpg

Honestly you know I helped the first person but you and chipper1 want to keep your little game going . Did you post your info about the R after you purchased? I have the connection your right and I said I would help after Monday when they get a chance to catch up . I also said PM if you need help. How can I be anymore clear ??????

"Honestly" I'm not sure what you did for that guy that he couldn't do himself, and I don't care. All I was saying is you had acted like you have some "in" with this seller so maybe you could get us an answer as to why these saws were listed as new but it appears some of them are branded as "re-furbished". So far everyone, including you, is providing opinion. If that's all "we"(the people that have purchased these) are going to get that's fine. I'm still not sure what the big phucking secret is that it needs to be private. If you want to be helpful, get some answers, and post them in the thread. If you want to be mysterious, then by all means carry on.

"Honestly" I'm not sure what you did for that guy that he couldn't do himself, and I don't care. All I was saying is you had acted like you have some "in" with this seller so maybe you could get us an answer as to why these saws were listed as new but it appears some of them are branded as "re-furbished". So far everyone, including you, is providing opinion. If that's all "we"(the people that have purchased these) are going to get that's fine. I'm still not sure what the big phucking secret is that it needs to be private. If you want to be helpful, get some answers, and post them in the thread. If you want to be mysterious, then by all means carry on.

What I really would like to do is meet you in person and find out what makes you tick? Was your saw marked with an R ? Yes or no?

What I really would like to do is meet you in person and find out what makes you tick? Was your saw marked with an R ? Yes or no?

I'm not sure. I pulled it out of the box, looked it over minimally, snapped the pic I posted in the other thread, and boxed nd taped it back up. I intend to take a look later today when I head to the barn. If nobody else posts up any answers here by Monday I'll contact them myself. I'm happy with what I got and the price I got it for, finding out "the rest of the story" is just a curiosity.

Mine all have "R" stamped in them[emoji848]. One has a few small scuffs on the handle. Non of them appear to have been used. I will inspect them better today. Not sure what this will do to my plan to resell 3 to recoup some of the money on the 1 I am keeping. I hope to pull a plug and see what it looks like inside. I did not notice the "R" when I looked at them when they came.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Mine all have "R" stamped in them[emoji848]. One has a few small scuffs on the handle. Non of them appear to have been used. I will inspect them better today. Not sure what this will do to my plan to resell 3 to recoup some of the money on the 1 I am keeping. I hope to pull a plug and see what it looks like inside. I did not notice the "R" when I looked at them when they came.

I don't think you're alone. While it doesn't change the fact that they're a good mid-sized firewood saw that can be made into a better bigger saw, the scarlet "R" may turn some potential buyers off.

I don't think you're alone. While it doesn't change the fact that they're a good mid-sized firewood saw that can be made into a better bigger saw, the scarlet "R" may turn some potential buyers off.
I got 2250's, not so sure they can be made bigger. I know the 2166's can. If the 2250 can be made bigger, please post a link as to how to do it. They are the same as the husky 450 ranchers correct?

On the one I opened up the cylinder was spotless. The plug had a light whiteness to it and the crankcase was clean except on the ledge there something that looked and felt like graphite. If I get the other one opened up today I'll post some pics.

Back