550xp Mark II??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drank the kool aid and got a used 346 here. Needed a lighter but still capable saw. When I saw how the weight went up on the mk2 I decided it wasn’t much if any lighter than my 359 but the 346 is.

Been real happy with the ‘new’ 346!
Congrats.
I like the 346, nice saws.

I haven’t weighed the 241 and I’m on the west coast for a bit but I will when I get back. The saw came from Dan in Greece.

I don't ever weigh mine(still curious what you come up with), I figure if I need it a little lighter than I need a RW bar or I just fill the tank half way, besides if the weight is a big deal then I'll probably not be wanting to run a whole tank through the saw anyway.
I got one from him as well, figured why not :).

Since I can’t stop.... walked through the local shop (also a hardware store which is why I was there) and they still didn’t have a mark 2 in stock. Had a few or the “regular “ 550s. Will be interesting to hear the feedback on these saws once folks here a running a few.

@chipper1 has one, so he can give you some feedback. He like to keep things secret. :popcorn2:
Still in the box, i did open the box and made sure there was a saw in it lol. Ran the 201 rear handle today on a small ash I fell with the Kubota and I dropped a poplar and diced it up with the ported 2166. The only feedback I have is the 2166 ran great and the 201 seemed like the low needed leaned out a bit, then I realized it was my mtronic version lol.

Back