First time cedar fish bench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome!
I haven't carved a bench yet. How much time do you have into that one?

Not a carved bench, and this pic is when it got old. It is mortise and tenon. From 4 slabs to finish took 4 hours almost to the minute.I took 4 piles of paver stones and stacked them 18"s. Set the seat on top of them. stood the two sides up on the ends, put ratchet strap around them and pulled them tight. Wiggled the back in and set it where I wanted it. Cranked the strap down tighter. Took a pencil and scribed lines on the sides by running along the top and bottom of the seat, front and back of the back rest. Then I marked the seat and back where I wanted to cut the tenons, cut out the mortises, used big rubber hammer to tap them together. Was a surprisingly easy project.

BrBZ6gJ.jpg

Not a carved bench, and this pic is when it got old. It is mortise and tenon. From 4 slabs to finish took 4 hours almost to the minute.I took 4 piles of paver stones and stacked them 18"s. Set the seat on top of them. stood the two sides up on the ends, put ratchet strap around them and pulled them tight. Wiggled the back in and set it where I wanted it. Cranked the strap down tighter. Took a pencil and scribed lines on the sides by running along the top and bottom of the seat, front and back of the back rest. Then I marked the seat and back where I wanted to cut the tenons, cut out the mortises, used big rubber hammer to tap them together. Was a surprisingly easy project.

BrBZ6gJ.jpg
Old school cool.

BrBZ6gJ.jpg
Thanks Joe ; the instructions that are needed for this slowed brain

Back