Husqvarna 266 top covers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will the top cover of a 2 piece coil crank case fit the 1 piece coil crank case? I have a 266 2 piece with a real bad case and was going to swap it with the one piece coil case if it will work fine.
Thanks!
Well........if you are going to turn a 266 into a one piece ign the top cover is the least of your worries...you will need virtually every thing from a 272 or 268 to make it work and it will make a difference whether you have an early 266 with the coarse thread clutch or the late fine tread clutch like the 272.....you'll need the correct flywheel and coil.....and the correct carb because the 266 has the idle adjuster in the case and the one piece cases have that adjustment on the carb itself not in the case half. I my opinion you would be better served to stay with the two piece cases even if you change then out.

Alrighty then. Gonna make a 272XP out of it. I have enough parts to make it worth the effort I believe. Just gonna need flywheel, coil, and intake assembly with carb. Not too bad.
One thing about that series of saw is that aftermarket parts are dirt cheap and plentiful. Just don't cheap out on moving internals like bearings and seals. Heck you can but skf crank bearings for something like 3 bucks a piece.

Back