Stihl 462

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmwilson

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Well, my Husqvarna 266 started crying this morning when I brought home, from the post office, a new Stihl 462 chainsaw. Thanks Dan! I just hope later on the 266 don't start laughing at me for the decision I made. Man, this saw is nice.

oXKW6Io.jpg

5eyOSCb.jpg

Mike

I ordered this saw from Dan "AlfA01" from Greece. I got tired of waiting. The saw was scheduled to be released in the 4th quarter of 2018. Then in January, I went and talked to the local Stihl dealer about ordered me a 462 CM, and he said there is no such thing. I talked to another Stihl dealer and the salesman said, "I have never heard of a Stihl MS 462 CM". I went home and sent her a link of a 462. She said, "Oh, they won't be out until February. so... I sent Dan a PM and asked him to order me a carbureted MS 462, and it came in this morning.

Mike

from onelook
gyro: from modern Greek guros ‘turning’
or
gyro: : a sandwich especially of lamb and beef, tomato, onion, and yogurt sauce on pita bread
or
gyro: : a member of a major international service club
That is what AlfA01 does. He supplies us Americans with some nice saws.
so...
Guys, is there anything I should do to prepare this saw for start up like a dealer would do. I mixed 2.5 oz of Stihl HP Ultra with .8 tenths gallon of 91 octane non ethanol gas. I guess I'm going to run my regular Walmart bar oil in it. Oh, and I will soak the chain in some oil.
????
Mike

from onelook
gyro: from modern Greek guros ‘turning’
or
gyro: : a sandwich especially of lamb and beef, tomato, onion, and yogurt sauce on pita bread
or
gyro: : a member of a major international service club
That is what AlfA01 does. He supplies us Americans with some nice saws.
so...
Guys, is there anything I should do to prepare this saw for start up like a dealer would do. I mixed 2.5 oz of Stihl HP Ultra with .8 tenths gallon of 91 octane non ethanol gas. I guess I'm going to run my regular Walmart bar oil in it. Oh, and I will soak the chain in some oil.
????
Mike
that's about the mix ratio i have been running in my 462. buy some good bar oil though.;)

Latest posts

Back