Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like CAKE scrounging today. :happy: Happy birthday t0 fellow scroungers @bigfellascott amd @Bobby Kirbos . have a good one fellars. :cheers:

Thanks for that Steve, no cake for this fat bastard - will be out cutting wood tomorrow with a few mates to celebrate (should have been out today but didn't feel up to it) so hopefully tomorrow!

Happy Birthday to you too Bobby:cheers:

Looks like CAKE scrounging today. :happy: Happy birthday t0 fellow scroungers @bigfellascott amd @Bobby Kirbos . have a good one fellars. :cheers:

Thanks for that Steve, no cake for this fat bastard - will be out cutting wood tomorrow with a few mates to celebrate (should have been out today but didn't feel up to it) so hopefully tomorrow!

Happy Birthday to you too Bobby:cheers:

A big Happy B'day Scott and Bobby !

Thank you guys. I'm not much for cake. My lovely wife DID put together a birthday treat.1553343158662-610922160.jpg

Bagels. REAL bagels, not factory made Thomas's or the locally made rolls with holes. The owners of this bagel shop are from the metro New York area.

My daughter was dropping off her minty 2001 Eldorado late last night. Wanted me to fix a couple gremlins. She hasn't been home for a while and I don't go this way often....

Long story short she came over this hill a little fast and hit the water flowing over the road and shot out into a drainage ditch. This ones gonna sting for a while.

The township came out this morning and closed the road. Better late than never seems to be their motto!

Gonna be a few more gremlins waiting for me to chase!

Just thank God she didn't flip it!

fallout vault lore

My daughter was dropping off her minty 2001 Eldorado late last night. Wanted me to fix a couple gremlins. She hasn't been home for a while and I don't go this way often....

Long story short she came over this hill a little fast and hit the water flowing over the road and shot out into a drainage ditch. This ones gonna sting for a while.

The township came out this morning and closed the road. Better late than never seems to be their motto!

fallout vault lore
! Amen brother, Amen!...….

fallout vault lore
A good Father would have already installed a snorkel. Can't blame the township for that.
:D

Got this scrounged wood worked up today. To wet to go anywhere with 3 inches of rain Thursday nite. Red & chestnut oak .View attachment 725088

I love that big pile you've got sitting there casually in the background! How much is in it, do you reckon?

I love that big pile you've got sitting there casually in the background! How much is in it, do you reckon?
Not sure. 3 cords maybe. That's all scrounged wood. That should be ready for next fall. Some for me and some for the beer money jar.

Sorta a good day in the 'patch. Working up a Willow that I put down yesterday. Got some ways to go to get back in shape. Put in 3.5 hours with the last half hour pretty much just wandering around picking up brush. 1. Failure Ms362 isn't running right. Run fine for awhile then bogs in the cut and I have to jazz it. 2. Failure (mine) 2 diferent 20" chains I supposedly sharped for sure weren't up to snuff. 3. MS361 spit out parts of the sprocket. Spares in the toolbox but no tools to operate on it. Rebar'd the 441 from a 32" to a 24". Except for the weight it was a delight to run.

I did get it down to the bare log with all limbing done. It was propped on the stump and a large main limb propped on a stump. I cut all the prop limbs on the off side hoping it wood roll off the stumps. Nope. Last try I whittle the shreds of the holding wood at the stump and it roled over like a ***** cat.

Came home will beat out. My age (84 today) is showing. Work on the 361 and re-sharp those two chains - I suspect the rakers need lowering. Take it to the dealer on Monday to have him massage the carb screws. I have never learned that trick.

Sorta a good day in the 'patch. Working up a Willow that I put down yesterday. Got some ways to go to get back in shape. Put in 3.5 hours with the last half hour pretty much just wandering around picking up brush. 1. Failure Ms362 isn't running right. Run fine for awhile then bogs in the cut and I have to jazz it. 2. Failure (mine) 2 diferent 20" chains I supposedly sharped for sure weren't up to snuff. 3. MS361 spit out parts of the sprocket. Spares in the toolbox but no tools to operate on it. Rebar'd the 441 from a 32" to a 24". Except for the weight it was a delight to run.

I did get it down to the bare log with all limbing done. It was propped on the stump and a large main limb propped on a stump. I cut all the prop limbs on the off side hoping it wood roll off the stumps. Nope. Last try I whittle the shreds of the holding wood at the stump and it roled over like a ***** cat.

Came home will beat out. My age (84 today) is showing. Work on the 361 and re-sharp those two chains - I suspect the rakers need lowering. Take it to the dealer on Monday to have him massage the carb screws. I have never learned that trick.
Happy birthday sir. You didn't show up on the list today. Once in a while I get frustrated and take a saw to the shop for a carb massage . My guy never charges me. I think he just likes to p!$$ rev saws. He always uses his tach and gets it just right.
He always sets the high just below max rpms. Says he don't have to work on as many blowed up saws that way.

fallout vault lore
If no one was hurt your daughter can consider this the cost of a lesson learnt and in the long run it will always make for a good story.

Umm , I know plenty of 16 to 20 year olds that can't even get out of their own way , jus sayin ...
BTW , keep on drinking that well water of yours , it obviously works just fine !
Any spruce trees around your house ?

Went out this morning with 3 mates and cut 3 loads, stringy, peppermint and gum. (no splitting required yeah)! I love wood you can just toss straight in the heater.:rock::bowdown:

jdVX3c4l.jpg

Back