Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Birthday guys, you picked a good month to pop out the chute. I swore off all pastries for Lent, no cake for me either. But my wife just finished a big batch of lasagna from scratch. That's better than cake anyway.

Mmm Lasagna, it doesn't get much better than a good homemade Lasagna does it.:D

Mmm Lasagna, it doesn't get much better than a good homemade Lasagna does it.:D

Chicken and waffles and a double IPA is right up there with lasagna. But lasagna is just so damb good....

d2f5f4034041369c7eeb62c6826e34a5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slung around the 395 all day. God I'm glad I bought that saw
Umm... that first picture don’t look like a 395..:laugh:.

The heavy snow we had this year was kinda hard on trees. Few aspen trees down at moms234A0FF2-F0EB-460A-A92C-6ADE89B2C620.jpegFigured I’d try to cut this one up first and keep it off the fence. 51A36A04-AB0D-4414-AC35-3BBA43EAF68F.jpegPretty tired after post holing through 3’ of snow and not doing much chainsaw/wood work all winter. Sure be glad when snow melts and wood season opens again. Weight of the heavy snow and wind snapped off a pineC550CE79-7D83-44C3-A252-1E9007618DDC.jpegnoticed a couple more aspens on the way out4518B130-2BB7-453C-85FD-065C86DEA51C.jpegHavent made it around the whole place yet but I’m sure there’s more. This will be enough to help get me back in shape and stave off the withdrawals for a bit. Might even mill a few boards out of the pine.

Umm... that first picture don’t look like a 395..:laugh:.

The heavy snow we had this year was kinda hard on trees. Few aspen trees down at momsView attachment 725227Figured I’d try to cut this one up first and keep it off the fence. View attachment 725229Pretty tired after post holing through 3’ of snow and not doing much chainsaw/wood work all winter. Sure be glad when snow melts and wood season opens again. Weight of the heavy snow and wind snapped off a pineView attachment 725232noticed a couple more aspens on the way outView attachment 725233Havent made it around the whole place yet but I’m sure there’s more. This will be enough to help get me back in shape and stave off the withdrawals for a bit. Might even mill a few boards out of the pine.
Don’t feel bad. The weather here was either soaking wet and a swamp or single digits with 20 mph winds. Worst winter ever for me, I put on 15 pounds and it went on much easier than it’s coming off.

Umm , I know plenty of 16 to 20 year olds that can't even get out of their own way , jus sayin ...
BTW , keep on drinking that well water of yours , it obviously works just fine !
Any spruce trees around your house ?

For sure. I planted a "noise barrier" along the highway right-of-way right after I bought the place, have something like 20 of them about 30' high. Already harvested two of them as they were planted in the wrong place, premium wood!!

Went out this morning with 3 mates and cut 3 loads, stringy, peppermint and gum. (no splitting required yeah)! I love wood you can just toss straight in the heater.:rock::bowdown:

jdVX3c4l.jpg
Hey Scott, just curious how many cubic meters are you burning through per year up there in the hills?

It's a Beer hey.:D I gave up drinking beer about 2mths ago now (was good for 90-120 beers a week but it wasn't doing me any good really so decided to stop! I just drink :drinkingcoffee:now.
I've been there too but I've been drinking coffee only for 18 years now. Don't miss the headaches.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

It's a Beer hey.:D I gave up drinking beer about 2mths ago now (was good for 90-120 beers a week but it wasn't doing me any good really so decided to stop! I just drink :drinkingcoffee:now.

I've been there too but I've been drinking coffee only for 18 years now. Don't miss the headaches.

going on 8.5 years myself. I found the first 5-6 years the hardest. The cravings come less now and old habits aren't as inviting anymore

I've got to say I don't really miss it at this stage, I find I go through this every 4 or 5yrs or so, I don't drink then one day I'll have a beer and it's on again like crazy then out of the blue I just stop again. For me I just have to try and avoid having any at all as it doesn't take much go to from zero to 100 so to speak.

Well done for not giving into it again, hopefully I will achieve the same.

going on 8.5 years myself. I found the first 5-6 years the hardest. The cravings come less now and old habits aren't as inviting anymore

Well done Jakers, I've been pretty good cravings wise thank goodness and I hope my old habits don't come back to control my life again either.

Congrats to you for achieving what you have, it's nice being back in control hey.

Thats my gf running her 545FR clearing brush for me around the stump. She went next door to her yard to start cleaning stuff out of her yard while I chewed on some ash
Makes a great picture, looks like she’s going after the stump with a weedwhaker:laugh:. The 395 sounds like a great saw, it’s on my wish list. Had a 394 when they first came out, really liked it. With the air Injection felt like it had a turbo, lots of power/ torque.

Don’t feel bad. The weather here was either soaking wet and a swamp or single digits with 20 mph winds. Worst winter ever for me, I put on 15 pounds and it went on much easier than it’s coming off.
Thanks. Yeah sounds like a lot of the US got hammered pretty good this year. Had record snow fall here. One of the many things about logging I really miss, sure kept me in better shape. I’m not very good about doing regular exercise unless it’s chainsaw related. Hope you guys get some good weather so your able to get than new 9010 broke in:).
Went for snow machine ride last weekend with my buddy, between trying to hang onto a 200 hp modded sled the additive adrenaline rush of full throttle (mid life crisis thing?) I couldn’t hardly stand up at the end of the day, I hurt for 3 days after:rolleyes:. Did find some real nice firewood699756E5-B988-477D-97C9-7ED73F106A28.jpegjust not sure how to get it to the road...

Back