the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cheers. General 8mm dyneema winch ropes are significantly cheaper but it's just not strong enough in the long run.

I'm starting to think I should just go with steel cable and find ways to use synthetic terminations etc so I can still cut it to stop my tractor being flung down a gully, etc.

I popped into http://www.whittamropes.com.au/ today 12mm dyneema is $8 bucks a meter so sorry

but they do have a good special run out of 200 meter rolls of 12mm arbor braid think told was 3000kg break its $1.80 per m plus GST think the roll weight about 15Kg but i was guessing... Buy the lot ship it sell 2 rolls profit or pays for freight maybe best check the rope spec details with them 1st eh..

thumbnail_IMG_20190320_091603.jpg thumbnail_IMG_20190320_091556.jpg

95 m of 14mm spectra $7.90 metre

thumbnail_IMG_20190320_091857.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20190320_091904.jpg

Thanks for that. Could not find the spec for the spectra or the tree braid on their site. Did a search, no results, am on slow connection so can't browse through pages hoping to find it.

If I had more use for the braid it would be worth buying a few rolls and trying to flick it off and just use it myself if no buyers. But apart from a climbing rope came flip line i can't think why I'd need 200m or more.

Still, will ask around here and see if anyone else needs some. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Thanks for that. Could not find the spec for the spectra or the tree braid on their site. Did a search, no results, am on slow connection so can't browse through pages hoping to find it.

If I had more use for the braid it would be worth buying a few rolls and Tring to flick it off and just use it myself if no buyers. But apart from a climbing rope came flip line i can't think why I'd need 200m or more.

Still, will ask around here and see if anyone else needs some. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

yeah i struggled to find online specs too,, best called or email the company the lassy at desk has access to all specs seems very trustworthy

I was in Cannings http://www.cannings.com.au/arborist-equip/ today big Arbor equipment place looking at climb harness and ropes jeepers new gear pricey a basic to med level harness $600-800 then accensder flip lines snaps and rope your looking at $1200 easy for a set of gear.. be wasted on me i reckon 5 years left on rope tops is sad watching me climb now

i got a eye on this harness and 30m of arrow frog rope

http://www.atraes.com.au/arborist/t...s/arborist/petzl-sequoia-harness#.XJH_XyIzbIU

If you buy a new harness and your old one has any life left in it let me know :)
Same goes for spikes.
It's not even funny how dear tree gear is.
That harness is about aud650 shipped from honeybros, if that helps any.

Hey kiwi has your pm gone full retard?
I haven't kept up, so what's she done this time? Last thing I heard was she banned semi automatics. I doubt such a ban would have stopped that sick phuck from killing people recently.

I haven't kept up, so what's she done this time? Last thing I heard was she banned semi automatics. I doubt such a ban would have stopped that sick phuck from killing people recently.

Won't stop **** but looks like she's making every **** play Muslim dress ups

Won't stop **** but looks like she's making every kitty play Muslim dress ups
At the time they interviewed some bloke who said he had visited the gun club the shooter was member of and this bloke said he went to the police a few times with his concerns about the attitude and talk amongst some of the members of that club and the police did SFA.

Perhaps if the govt hired more police to follow up with proventative schemes instead of spending money on gun buy backs etc then **** like that phucks attitude could be nipped in the bud before lives were lost.

Bottom line there are probably north of a dozen people who knew that phuck was a time bomb and they did nothing to intervene when presented the opportunity to do so. Apart from the perfectly sane person who just snaps one day, almost every other killer displays warning signs, sometimes from a very young age. So society is to blame for turning a blind eye instead of growing a pair and intervening when they should have. It don't help if the police do SFA about the public's concerns when such worries are brought to the police's attention.

Easier to just punish every **** then to do the right thing to start with. Also they need **** Like this to get there gun banning policy's through

Easier to just punish every kitty then to do the right thing to start with. Also they need **** Like this to get there gun banning policy's through
its sad to think the average kiwi thinks they'll be safer with more gun laws. Clueless pricks can't see passed their own noses.

I had a busy day yesterday helping Dad cut up some nice Greybox before the weather turns cold here in Victoria. His old swing saw is the best way to cut it into manageable pieces, tungsten blade was a great upgrade for it too [emoji1305]
013aa25ec4f6d47657ef6aa2aff34c3e.jpg

Sorry mate, I only came across it, and then posted it up right away, had noticed it had been up for a while tho.
I rang up about something that had been advertised for 8min, and it was already sold.
Yeah, you have to be quick sometimes.

Back