Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which one ?

Lol
That one is a Yanmar 336d , We bought 1 from a salvage yard years ago , two were parked beside a garage that burnt, the first one was patched up by the yard for 2400$ , a year later they called me and offered the second one for parts at 1200$ .
Fast forward several years and a fella stopped at the shop asking if the tractor that I was using to move trailers around was a 336d .
He had one , but he had a hole in the block , I told him what I wanted for mine and what I'd pay for his , he bought a new tractor and I bought his for 2500$ , I then swapped my good motor into his .
I have a Massey MF1020 with a loader , I bought that one for 1500$ , it had a broken front hub , cost about 1600$ to get that running .
I have a Kubota L285 , 2000$ but it came with a new 48" snowblower , beater woods trailer that we're now using and a Kubota loader bucket that I'll mod to fit the Yanmar .
The MF135 was spendy , 4k$ but it came with chains and an Igland 4001 .
I also have a B8200 that I bought a 1K$ car to trade the owner for , he was thinking of turning it into a woodsplitter , took me a year to convince him to sell , it has a loader and a backhoe , it's beat , pins worn out , I only use that around the house when I need a shovel lol

I think that's it .
LOL my one cost over 40k and has been stranded in a paddock for 4 days waiting for some love from the service crew.

I'm not all that bright but not all that stoopid either. Just got into this stuff so late that I'm ignorant and on a fast, steep and sometimes expensive learning curve.

T
Happy birthdays to all three of you. And turnkey if your running an 441 with. 24” bar then your doing better tha 99% of 80+ men. I just hope I can be like you in 43 years from now.......hell I’d be happy to be alive in 43 years from now!
he 441 mostly wears a 32" for falling and bucking the big stuff. It does make an awesome 'noodler' with a 20" bar.

Stihl tractor:

Anyone ever seen one? Article in "Antique Power magazine" (tractor collector mag) shows a very tood looking small tractor built back in the 60s. Article says that only 6 were sent to America if I read it right.

Farm Tractors > Stihl
Stihl tractors by model

Stihl Tractor History
stihl-s20-1.jpg
The Andreas Stihl manufacturing company produced light farm tractors in Germany from 1949 until 1965. Stihl was looking to take advantage of a strong post-war demand for tractors. The tractors used a Stihl two-cycle air-cooled diesel engine and ranged from about 12 to 30 horsepower.

Stihl - official site
Stihl Diesel - information on Stihl tractors (German)

Model Power Years
140 12 hp 1948 - 1954
144 14 hp 1955 - 1958
381 14 hp 1959 - 1960
S 15 unknown unknown
S 20 20 hp 1960 - 1961
©2000-2016 - TractorData™. Notice: Every attempt is made to ensure the data listed is accurate. However, differences between sources, incomplete listings, errors, and data entry mistakes do occur. Consult

Nuts the picture didn't copy.

http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/tractor-brands/stihl/stihl-tractors.html

So my ADD cranked up to 10 earlier and some how lead me on an hour long search for information on stradivarius violins. It appears @dancan could be sitting on a gold mine with all that spruce. Gota be some dense stuff in those piles. I have zero ability to play any instrument so the idea of my brain going to some of the finest ever made still has me thinking :crazy:.

So my ADD cranked up to 10 earlier and some how lead me on an hour long search for information on stradivarius violins. It appears @dancan could be sitting on a gold mine with all that spruce. Gota be some dense stuff in those piles. I have zero ability to play any instrument so the idea of my brain going to some of the finest ever made still has me thinking :crazy:.

I saw a documentary on that forest where that spruce is , I betcha we'd have sticker shock on what 1 tree costs , give me a week up there and I'd be rich I tells ya RICH !!!
Lol
The black spruce that I cut this weekend was more that 120 years old , polly no more than 5" at the butt , some hard to make a violin outta that after you mill it but 4 26" sticks of it in the furnace with the draft closed has the house up to 78* , I guess a fella could burn violins if he had too , be better heat than with a banjo :)

Hey Saiso !!!

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-farming-equ...ts/1422318567?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-farming-equ...28/1421734376?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Back