call for actions if u own a SC60TX and want to have a Carlton type remote

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erwin

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I also posted this in the heavy equipment forum
Hi, all:
I just picked up my very nice 2008 60TX (800 verified hours and owned only by the local reputable Gamma tree company). Of course, like the one most of you guys have, no remote control. I contacted Kurt, the owner of “autofeedplus.com” based in Michigan. They’re the people who made the original reverse action auto feed control system for wood chipper. I bought one of them and it’s great. After I bought my SC60TX, I started looking for options to get a remote control elsewhere from Vermeer. The Vermeer unit cost about $6000 installed (1500 for the hand held, 4000 for the in-machine unit plus labor). For me, price is not the only deal breaker. The switches used on the Vermeer remote are “soft” push button like the one on gas pumps. The ones Kurt uses for the Carlton 7015 are user toggle switches that can be replaced by user and those are the kind you want. He has 2 other people interested in getting a unit for sc60tx beside me. If you are like me, contact him to show your interest. The more people interested, the more likely he’ll commit resources for the development and the faster it will come to the market for us. Erwin

Call Kurt 24/7 1-989-330-5086 Autofeedplus.com

Attachments

• SC60TX-1.jpg
    SC60TX-1.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 10
  • SC60TX-2.jpg
    SC60TX-2.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 10
no one interested, Hah? I thought that this is exciting stuff. imagine a new remote control system that's a lot cheaper than the Vermeer original, AND bypasses the entire stupid, way over-engineered, Vermeer computer junks in there once for all, directly controls the valves! Erwin

the number is correct. he's normally in FL during winter time.

finally got everything worked out. At first have to do it without auto sweep for a few month. Since I was used to using auto sweep and it's just so much easier and more efficient. Spent another 20 hours to do the rewiring and now it's working perfectly. If u contact him and he does not respond you well, u have to just tell him that you want to buy his remote for a old Carlton 7015. make sure u buy both remove and receiver box. Then you figure out the circuitry and wire all the functions ur self. He's not the most pleasant person to deal with, BUT he does deliver what he promised. I think that he started having issues with customer relations after the big companies cheated him on his wood chipper auto feed.

I had one of those I picked up from a company going out of business. Adding a remote was going to be a major deal. I sold it to a local municipality. Good machine though.

Latest posts

Back