MS260 pro Mod Questions!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoshFR

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I am attempting to build an MS260 pro to run a 28inch bar I have addressed all power concerns, my only problem and reason for posting is I have yet to find a solution for the oiler being unable to handle a 28inch bar. If anyone has any ideas on how to address this problem PLEASE LET ME KNOW :).

-PS: Yes i am aware 28inch is retarded on an MS260.

Power issues were solved with a "LOT" of mods 2 many to list but its spinning at 17K RPMs with the air cleaner on. its currently using an MS461 carb/aircleaner.... ported to the extreme..... etc

If it’s a pro, you can mod the oiler like the other models respond to.

Have to adjust both the limiting pin and the ramp on the piston. The oiling piston is limited by the ramps bottom, not the top. I haven’t tried a pro pump with a standard crank driven SS gear yet. That may have merit as well by adding extra oil to the rails when clutch drum ain’t moving.

There’s a good thread on the forbidden site regarding this.

“Ported to the extreme” may not be what you want if the goal is to run a bigger bar. I’d personally run a setup for more torque ie. cutting chamber flat to reduce exhaust port duration, use stock intake boot and a 194 carb.

This one has no oiler mod, the changes stated above, and a 36. Got chip bound before it finished the cut.

I guess I'm just not that ambitious. I LOVE my 026 and what it can do but will keep it shod with MAX 18" B&C. Had it doing its duty this weekend at Scout camp whittling away at some hazard trees and deadfalls.

That is chainsaw abuse. An like another said you would be better off with slower chain speed to address torque as with that kind of top end it would not pull a baloney string out of a cats azz.

I think the "can you" vs "should you" should apply to sex changes too. Yes, you can use your scalpel, and drugs, to change genders, but it's not a good idea.

If it’s a pro, you can mod the oiler like the other models respond to.

Have to adjust both the limiting pin and the ramp on the piston. The oiling piston is limited by the ramps bottom, not the top. I haven’t tried a pro pump with a standard crank driven SS gear yet. That may have merit as well by adding extra oil to the rails when clutch drum ain’t moving.

There’s a good thread on the forbidden site regarding this.

“Ported to the extreme” may not be what you want if the goal is to run a bigger bar. I’d personally run a setup for more torque ie. cutting chamber flat to reduce exhaust port duration, use stock intake boot and a 194 carb.

This one has no oiler mod, the changes stated above, and a 36. Got chip bound before it finished the cut.

Thank you very much for your help I will be trying this... And I'll post video of her when I can....

As stated... I know its a bad idea... I am aware of the problems that can and will occur with these mods.. if you are not here to answer the questions please move along :)

Back