Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sad that theres people around that still feel that way about Echo equipment.
I took it as he was talking about the 2511 or the rear handled variant, I call them a large necklace :laugh:.
I'd buy an echo just as quick as any other brand if it was the right price, good saws from what I've seen.
Here's a nice deal on a ported 620p, Joe is a great guy and knows his way around a saw, it's tempting, then I'd sell my ported 361 ;).
https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/echo-620p-ported.330696/#post-6853593

I took it as he was talking about the 2511 or the rear handled variant, I call them a large necklace :laugh:.
I'd buy an echo just as quick as any other brand if it was the right price, good saws from what I've seen.
Here's a nice deal on a ported 620p, Joe is a great guy and knows his way around a saw, it's tempting, then I'd sell my ported 361 ;).
https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/echo-620p-ported.330696/#post-6853593
That's a good price. Someones going to get a heck of a deal. Theres a part in the carb that allows 80% of the fuel needed for the high side even with the needle seated. That's why it wont clean up in small wood. The del saw acts the same way.

Got some zogger wood, some pine :surprised3:, and some cherry that was dead standing, mixes nicely with the black locust I'm planning on getting later this week :sweet:
, I even got a bunch of smaller root balls for the bonfire pit :blob2:.
IMG_20190326_173419359.jpg
The cherry really hopped off the stump :laugh:.
IMG_20190326_162904550.jpg
Don't need no stump grinder either, but I'll be using the chain grinder on that chain lol.
IMG_20190326_173059194.jpg

James, I can actually say that I have never owned a Echo chain saw but I have used lots of Echo gear. I likely still have some laying around. And it was a joke, I wouldn't let me wife use an Echo to cut meat, that would be a waste of bar oil. My buddy bought an Echo a couple of years ago and he loved the thing.

@flatbroke what type of wood is that.
That one tree sure has a lot of firewood in it :surprised3:.
Its all Oak. I finally got around to using the Husky 562xp , ran 14 tanks of fuel through it so far. it sure cuts good with a 20 inch bar. Not sure why I let it sit on the shelf so long before using it.

Its all Oak. I finally got around to using the Husky 562xp , ran 14 tanks of fuel through it so far. it sure cuts good with a 20 inch bar. Not sure why I let it sit on the shelf so long before using it.
Nice, live oak?
Those 562's are a strong running 60cc saw, glad you like it.

You Aussies and Kiwi amaze me everyday. Just watched a video that showed up this week of a “bloke” that caught a a barundi and a salty comes flying out of the water and chases them until it gets close enough to grab the fish and swallow it. Scrounging wood near water would be out of the question.

Nice, live oak?
Those 562's are a strong running 60cc saw, glad you like it.
I am not really sure what type of oak it is, the Bark on the trees is very different then what I have seen in the past. I sure would like to identify it though. I think most of it is Coast Live Oak, as im not cutting too far from the pacific ocean. there is a few Red oaks scattered amongst them too. I got 3 trailer loads of what I estimate at least 1.25 cords each and 1 8ft pick up bed out of the tree in the creek bed.

Back