Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had 5+ cords stacked last fall. We went through about 2.5 cords this winter. I still have 1.5+ cords of Silver Maple and a cord of Ash & Beech (mixed) remaining.

I scrounged this up over the last 4 months. I estimate 4-5 cords. Beech, Ash, Mulberry, and various flavors of Maple - with some Oak, Walnut, Apple(?), and Cedar for flavor. The Cedar will end up in the camping wood pile.

The Beech, Ash, Oak, and Walnut is from trees that were dropped in 2015, so those are almost stove ready. The Maple should be ready to burn winter 2019-2020 if needed (doubt it though). The Mulberry will be for winter 2020-2021 at the earliest.

I have my work cut out for me. I'm going to try to get this split & stacked before June.

View attachment 724290
View attachment 724291
View attachment 724292
View attachment 724293
View attachment 724294
Driving down the street..... oh look a big stack of wood someone’s trying to get rid of.
Probably best you get it to the back yard ASAP.

I split most of my wood on the court where it's hard and level, then move it down over the hill out of site. I have racks for 10+ cord. Plus the 2 cord wood shed and 5 cord wrap around deck on my big shed.
lBqu02F.jpg

ijaJDA0.jpg

EvQISnp.jpg

Wife and I did some cutting splitting stacking last 2 days now that snow has melted where I pushed it off the yard. Long logs were piled right to where the log lift sits when we started saturday.
872248bcba8757650ad9bc7f271135ac.jpg
8e5e2f33af40acd1a481679eed762af9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

8CA61917-F63F-4C70-8086-E1F2507A71D6.jpeg Cut down, drug out of woods into field and bucked 3 cherrys and 2 oaks all “steering wheel” sized should make quick work of them this week. Hoping injust brought in my last load into house today! While i was at it i moved a lil less then a 1/2 cord that was my overflow pile into woodshed today.

Spent some quality time at the wood pile. Half was done in the fall and the rest this mud... I mean spring. The stuff on the left is mostly hard wood (oak, ash, and hackberry) with some spruce mixed in. In the middle there is some silver maple mixed in and the right end is one poplar tree, one small basswood, and the rest is all the limb wood <12" from 3 cottonwood trees. I'm guessing I split up 3 cords of cottonwood between Saturday and today. I have another pile that's 1/3 this size split up last fall too, all hardwood. Ran short this year, won't happen next year.

Edit: sorry for the neck twister... they're right on my phone

Snapchat-1216909037.jpg Snapchat-472693579.jpg

Back