Jred dump........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stopped a few years back when shipping and handling got to the point it was often more than the price of the item I bought, shipping killed any interest I had in eBay.
FWIW, that loophole got closed. eBay used to charge the final value fee on the item cost only and not the shipping. So you'd see low item cost with sky-high shipping.

Now they charge 10% of the total order (for most items) so free shipping is very common. I sell everything with free shipping and bake it into the item price.

The smaller saws appear to have the tool-less chain tenoner and I am not a big fan of those even thou they work pretty good on those.
I was thinking about one for cutting 1-2” branches for kindling, that chain tensioner was my drawback too. It should be ok for just small stuff.

Not that bad, just some people are ham fisted.
And most those guys won't be cured of it either. If they learned on one product and the next similar product you have to use a certain way they will say it's junk because it's not the same, even if it's a great product. Be sure I'm not saying the toolless tensioner is a great design, but much like a smaller saw they will work for their intended purpose.
They that bad?
Why not just get a home Depot 4300 and you'll have a good quality saw, if you don't like the markings I have one that was never an HD saw with a muffler mod. You'd be surprised how often you'll pick it up, and how long you would run it. I like my small/baby saws a lot, but they are much better quality than the one your considering, most times I'd grab something of good quality to use over something cheap as they are much more fun to operate.
Each to his own

It is unlikely, that I will ever buy a saw with this device.
You might want to to stay away from an easy start saw too ;).

And most those guys won't be cured of it either. If they learned on one product and the next similar product you have to use a certain way they will say it's junk because it's not the same, even if it's a great product. Be sure I'm not saying the toolless tensioner is a great design, but much like a smaller saw they will work for their intended purpose.

Why not just get a home Depot 4300 and you'll have a good quality saw, if you don't like the markings I have one that was never an HD saw with a muffler mod. You'd be surprised how often you'll pick it up, and how long you would run it. I like my small/baby saws a lot, but they are much better quality than the one your considering, most times I'd grab something of good quality to use over something cheap as they are much more fun to operate.

You might want to to stay away from an easy start saw too ;).
Easy start! It works, but cannot stop :laughing:every time I pull the cord.

Apparently you missed the memo, they were NOT re-furbs!!
All the money their making on them and they can't ask the person who does the ads to change the picture:laughing:.
The newest ad says "new not refurbished".
You should buy a few, only 21 left now :dizzy:.
And look what it says at the bottom of the ad :muscle::lol:.

Screen Shot 2019-03-27 at 10.34.13 AM.png

I bet they have put a hurt-en on Huskvarna sales in the short run as it looks like they had and almost sold 200 of the 2166s not counting all the others. With some of the other high dollar items they have no-doubt they are a million dollar plus seller.

Latest posts

Back