tree service you could drop off all the hard woods for free at my house im in lebanon,pa

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You make it sound like it's hard to find free wood in PA. I'm an hour south of you and have no problem staying a year or more ahead.
I dont pay for any of it but I'm willing to go cut it and bring it home. Lot easier to get wood free if your willing to go get it.
:rock2::rock2:

You make it sound like it's hard to find free wood in PA. I'm an hour south of you and have no problem staying a year or more ahead.
I dont pay for any of it but I'm willing to go cut it and bring it home. Lot easier to get wood free if your willing to go get it.

+1 on this. I currently have too much wood and an considering selling some of what I split this year because I'm running out of room!

hell no
thay can drop off the wood for free
or thay can pay to drop off wood at the dump

Who tf brings hardwood logs to the dump?

LOL

Why don't you offer free hardwood stump drop-off at your place there gunsmoke! You're all about saving these poor loggers money for drop off costs. It'd be rightly kind of you, and you could turn it all into free firewood. Whatda ya say?

Who tf brings hardwood logs to the dump?

LOL

Why don't you offer free hardwood stump drop-off at your place there gunsmoke! You're all about saving these poor loggers money for drop off costs. It'd be rightly kind of you, and you could turn it all into free firewood. Whatda ya say?
That's what many tree services do around here. I can only get a few to drop at my mom's farm because she's about 15-20 minutes further drive than the 2 yard waste facilities I know of.

But it's not free then. I thought the whole point of it was getting something for nothing, including no working or time or money or beer etc. I guess it's the next best thing to being paid to receive it.

I guess none of us will ever know if it's possible unless we ask the question.

I just don't see the problem with getting free wood dumped by a tree service. Some of them that don't sell it need a place to dump it. I had them bring stuff over, some guys are happy to have a place to bring it, especially to someone who can use it.

I just don't see the problem with getting free wood dumped by a tree service. Some of them that don't sell it need a place to dump it. I had them bring stuff over, some guys are happy to have a place to bring it, especially to someone who can use it.
The problem is Gunny wants everything for free and I’d be willing to bet he has expectations on type of wood, size of wood, and likely has a yard with a teeny driveway full of crap with no room to dump the wood. Around here tree service companies that don’t sell logs or make firewood would simply chip the hardwood logs. They wouldn’t drive out of the way to risk ruining someone’s driveway or lawn to unload a log truck. Too much liability, and I can’t imagine any of them going to my house and unloading primo hardwood logs. Seems too good to be true, and unlikely at best. If this were really a thing, don’t ya think everyone who burns wood would flood the want ads and craigslist with wanted ads and get wood then post on here about the score? Also the fact that gunny has posted this kind of ad several times tells us he isn’t getting many takers.

The problem is Gunny wants everything for free and I’d be willing to bet he has expectations on type of wood, size of wood, and likely has a yard with a teeny driveway full of crap with no room to dump the wood. Around here tree service companies that don’t sell logs or make firewood would chip the hardwood logs. I can’t imagine any of them going to my house and unloading primo hardwood logs. Seems too good to be true.

Gotta, yes, thanks for the clarification. No, definitely not the nicest stuff.

Back