CS-300 Tank vent?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ginger15

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Does the Echo CS300 have a tank vent? I'm having trouble keeping the saw running, it will run, then speed up, then die. When you pop the fuel cap it spritzes like its building pressure. Any ideas?

After you pop the gas cap, if you put it back on, does the saw fire right back up then die the same way? What happens if you leave the cap cracked ever so lightly while the saw is running (give air a place to vent inward)? Does the saw stay running?

If it's building pressure, it doesn't sound like the vent is bad. Many saws use the duck-bill valves which really only allow flow in 1 direction - inward.

After you pop the gas cap, if you put it back on, does the saw fire right back up then die the same way? What happens if you leave the cap cracked ever so lightly while the saw is running (give air a place to vent inward)? Does the saw stay running?

If it's building pressure, it doesn't sound like the vent is bad. Many saws use the duck-bill valves which really only allow flow in 1 direction - inward.

Saw will stay running, but when the throttle is pressed it will rev and stay revved and keep the chain spinning. I'm thinking a bad crank seal now? Carb settings dont seem to affect it at all.

Saw will stay running, but when the throttle is pressed it will rev and stay revved and keep the chain spinning. I'm thinking a bad crank seal now? Carb settings dont seem to affect it at all.
Lol, you need to go through the carb/fuel system first. That is most likely your problem area. Fuel line/carb rebuild...

Thanks Har, carb kit seemed to have do it. Will have to run it for a bit to be 100% certain.

Back to the saw not running. It will pop, start, idle for a moment and die unless you give over half throttle. It will not idle.

Bump, still having issues. Can get it to fire but not idle. It will hold full throttle. Has a new plug, new fuel line, new carb kit, new filter. Good spark, gapped to spec. Any ideas? The tank hisses when you open the cap after running. Impulse line?

Carb was reset to stock settings after the rebuild? How far do you have to turn up the idle before it will keep running?

Have you leak tested the saw?

Have you had the lever/needle/spring out?
Take it out and hold it up to a light and see if the passage to the screen on the other side looks clear.

Limiter caps are off. The idle screw wont let it keep running no matter the setting, has to be full throttle, it will die on half throttle. I have not pressure/vac tested the saw yet. The screen wasnt letting all the light in, so I swapped that out. Anyone know the stock settings for the screws? I have been using 1.25 out on L and 1.75 on the H.

Back