Secondary air tube

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

12ram2500

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello I have a drolet tundra 2 on my second season burning it and one of the 4 stainless burn tubes has developed a noticeable sag in it the rest are fine anyone else encounter this before ?

Yes I plan on getting a replacement just odd that one warped and the rest are fine I know over firing can cause this but I would assume they would all do it not just one and the tundra 2 will close down the air if the temp goes over a pre set temp or power outage to keep from over firing they do have a warranty on air tubes and mine is in the warranty period just curious of the cause

Should check the other site with the huge thread. I read a lot of it and don't recall any others having the issue? Curious. Has the performance been what you wanted?

I had a hot blast 1557 m in the house when I bought it burned threw alot of wood but also had a decent heat output and the chimney was always really clean but the firebox was warped pretty badly when I bought the house and after 3 years of use and yearly fixes like taking a furnace fan and making it fit the hot blast snap disks etc it was time for a change. This tundra 2 uses less wood but doesnt hold as much or as big of wood that the hot blast did it's much easier to use and I have it hooked up to a thermostat just wish I would of sprung for the model up to get the bigger fire box

Pretty dirty but I've been burning since October it's the only heat source glass is a little dirty today got up in the 50s but glass is usually crystal clear never have to clean it 20190328_221856.jpg

Depends usually she loads it twice in the morning when she gets home from work then when she gets up from her nap she works third shift then a few times after I get home till I go to bed but on a day like today it gets loaded twice

Back