Husqvarna Sticky!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a Husky 55 Air Injection, can piston number 503 60 81 01 be replaced with 503 60 81 71?

Thank you in advance.

Newest addition. Oh man, what a beast. Sending her off for porting.
4d77a59d4790cfa612c73f0edca2c819.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On a Husky 55 Air Injection, can piston number 503 60 81 01 be replaced with 503 60 81 71?

Thank you in advance.
Nope. the first piston is a 51cc 45mm the second is a 53cc 46mm. You can replace the whole top end but you need matching P/C. Measure your bore to see which size you need or just buy a 46mm complete kit.

51543407_127982878248328_2984590134248210432_o.jpg Pretty stoked, purchased a good looking runner 181se. Will be a while for it to be in my hlh
Also have a 480cd being gifted to me in complete but not running, hoping to rebuild that one.
Any advice wrt other adaptable parts? P/c, cranks? Just to get some thoughts to fill these cold winter days
TIA
Walter

View attachment 714843 Pretty stoked, purchased a good looking runner 181se. Will be a while for it to be in my hlh
Also have a 480cd being gifted to me in complete but not running, hoping to rebuild that one.
Any advice wrt other adaptable parts? P/c, cranks? Just to get some thoughts to fill these cold winter days
TIA
Walter

for the 480, I've restored a 280 (same saw different ignition) and posted photos earlier in this thread (pg.3). The bearings, seals piston rings etc are all common standard sized items that can be had pretty much anywhere. There is an O-ring on the oil pump housing that should be replaced. Really a basic, easy, saw to work on.

Husqvarna 395XP; need parts:
  • Bar adjustment assembly
  • Chain guard/guide plate
  • Clutch Cover with brake
  • Clutch sprocket
  • Anti-vibration rubber pieces
Thanks for any help available

View attachment 714843 Pretty stoked, purchased a good looking runner 181se. Will be a while for it to be in my hlh
TIA
Walter
I have lots of 480 parts

TIA
Walter

That’s Nice looking right there !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pulled these two out from under a bench in a dark dirty basement after hibernating at least 15 years last weekend. 77 340SE and an 83 234SE. Both were stuck, but with some effort and lots of oil, they are both alive. Had to borrow a coil, and initially the recoil from my 242 for the 234, but they both run surprisingly well, crank seals are good, fuel lines were good, and no carb kits were needed.
full

I cant find specs for the 234 anywhere, I have it set to what should be a conservative for the series 14K no load, but it sure does run nice.

Love my old 162SE. They had several different mufflers, this is the early one with a screw in screen in the outlet. I lost the screw in part a long time ago. Anyone know of a replacement source? Husky did that with several saws, and they had different sizes. I'm not sure what size or threading the outlet has right now. I will be cutting on FS land near my cabin next summer and don't want Barney Fife in green getting excited!

Cool! I have an ag42b as well. Also a full length bolt action. Awesome cartridge!!!! Can't agree more! Also have the 8mm Mauser Egyptian version of the ag42b..
I have the ag42b & the egyptian hakim. Tucked in thevsafe growing roots. I have a Husqvarna m40 9mm pistol too.

Does that 60” bar come with wheels? Lmao That’s a biggie. The last time I cut with the 385/575 with a 32” / 28” bars I needed to do two cuts from both sides. Big diameter trunks I could of used a 60” bar on a 3120.

Back