Bought a trade in 346xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Free tip if you don’t mind,, Knife edge the center ribs between the transfer ports in the cylinder
I have read more than one guy that's done a lot more 346s than I have say that knife edging the transfer divider does nothing. I'll defer to them.
Feather back the transfer port inside farther in the port on the ends. Think flow, even flow.
I'm not set up to work the upper transfers. I'm a caveman here, barely one step up from a horse hoof rasp on these cylinders. If I keep on like I am I'll have something down the road.
Take your exhaust port and lower the bottom before the port opening to the exhaust port opening, give it a gully shape. We’re the split second the piston hits the exhaust opening this exhaust ramp will increase the flow sooner.
I'm not lowering the exhaust port.

Go to you tube and search for porting two stroke cylinders. Look for Ken O’Connor. He has good info.

You don’t lower the exhaust port opening. You remove material in the middle of the port on the bottom.

I just got my first one Monday morning. Couldn't get my wallet out fast enough!
View attachment 725958

Side by side with my 550.
View attachment 725959

That's a good looking pair, would like a 550XP myself. Question, will the oil fill cap on the 550XP fit the 346XP? I have the flippy gas cap and want the matching oil cap, just not sure it will fit.

Is there much difference between the 346xp and 550xp? Only 4cc’s? Power difference?

One of the ported 346xp’s that brad(snellersized) did kicks the 550xp’s butt I figured the higher rpm would. The 346 screams like my old pro husky 240.

Another rumor I heard is the pro loggers don’t buy anything smaller than the 3.75 cu in saws.
That would put the market at 266/268 years ago would be the nitch

Back