Husky 550xp wouldn't tick over..wtf!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
King Corn in action.

On second thought I'm not sure they put their food source in their fuel in the UK.

meh, nearest e free fuel is an hour from me, i use nothin but 87 pump gas. doesnt matter if its corn gas or not: leave it in ur saw for a year or arent careful with ur fuel cans youll end up with problems. some really bad fuel/water sat in that thing for a long time.
I concur with your reply. Mix in small batches, check what goes in your machines, run them dry if they’re not going to be used over long periods, these things won’t happen.

It's on a 550xp I have just finished rebuilding, carb looked mint externally, so I ran it through the laptop to reset it and gave it a go... It actually fired up and ran (very badly!) Its bonkers, as I have always been led to believe that oxygen is required for the process of corrosion to take place, am I right in thinking that !?!?I have learnt a lesson today... Don't judge a book by its cover....

It's on a 550xp I have just finished rebuilding, carb looked mint externally, so I ran it through the laptop to reset it and gave it a go... It actually fired up and ran (very badly!) Its bonkers, as I have always been led to believe that oxygen is required for the process of corrosion to take place, am I right in thinking that !?!?I have learnt a lesson today... Don't judge a book by its cover....
Ethanol contains small amounts of H20, we all know what the 0 stands for. Run it dry, no problem.

Wow that is crazy rusty! I haven't seen the inside of carbs look that bad other than on salt water watercraft.

I learned recently you can find the rebuild part numbers on Zama's website and then order their rebuild kit and save a few bucks over the Husky kit. Hopefully that one is not beyond rebuildable. Actually, I can't remember if the 550xp is a Walbro or Zama but I thought it is a Zama...

Wow that is crazy rusty! I haven't seen the inside of carbs look that bad other than on salt water watercraft.

I learned recently you can find the rebuild part numbers on Zama's website and then order their rebuild kit and save a few bucks over the Husky kit. Hopefully that one is not beyond rebuildable. Actually, I can't remember if the 550xp is a Walbro or Zama but I thought it is a Zama...
Can't remember what make it is as I am back in the house now..
It is totally beyond repair, in fact I have already removed all the salvageable parts and used them to rebuild another carb. You are right, it does look like salt damage, on the pump side of the carb the aluminium has that frosted white corrosion like salt damaged aluminium. It's a strange one as the fuel tank showed no sign of muck, water or sediment, I'm thinking that the UK fuel industry is watering down the fuel with methanol like the US and this is going to be more of a recurring theme. Its a worry and pretty scary knowing how much these saws cost... The only upside is... it will keep me busy in the workshop!

I been using husky 50:1 gas in a can but I add a little husky oil to it I’m about 38:1 mix.

How about the fuel injectors in our cars when they sit?

I hope adding seafoam prevents this.

How about the fuel injectors in our cars when they sit?

I hope adding seafoam prevents this.
Have you looked at seafoam ingredients, or googled it's ingredients? Is it magic in a can, like other quick fix, high priced snake oils?

Latest posts

Back