FarmerTec MS200t Chainsaw Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am building one of these now. My cylinder came with only 3 of the 4 access holes drilled through the cooling fins to be able to tighten the head bolts. Huztl is sending me another and I bought Meteor kit as well. The quality of everything looks serviceable so far. I finished up my MS660 build first. That came out nice.

Fellow brought me this:
c27c575ba4cda78b8e6e21c48bae3223.jpg

He had it running but it ripped the rear buffer mount apart.
Had some outlandish spike on it.
2d4860252c0c46fecbb64b2e783fcabe.jpg

I corrected that and added the missing ‘D’ ring.

Then it wouldn’t start for me. [emoji2959]

Only 105 psi is the reason.[emoji90]

Client is supposed to be working on a return or refund. [emoji1696]

that's the spike they ship with the 660. my 200t was the little tiny spike. ya and the D ring doesnt come with it. they view it as optional.

uh oh. problem with my build. My squish without gasket and just three bond 1184 was .017" and with the gasket was another .020". i went without the gasket. Unfortunately now that it's together, I am unable to pull the saw over with the pull starter. I can pull it out about 1 stroke. The compression is outrageous. I am going to break the starter if I pull any harder. LOL. I guess i need to tear this back apart and put in the gasket and have the squish at .037" Thoughts?

uh oh. problem with my build. My squish without gasket and just three bond 1184 was .017" and with the gasket was another .020". i went without the gasket. Unfortunately now that it's together, I am unable to pull the saw over with the pull starter. I can pull it out about 1 stroke. The compression is outrageous. I am going to break the starter if I pull any harder. LOL. I guess i need to tear this back apart and put in the gasket and have the squish at .037" Thoughts?

Assembly oil has run it up.

.017” piston crown clearance is adequate.

Park it with piston at BDC and cylinder upwards. Allow the oil to drain off the rings. Let it sit that way a couple days and then try to start it.

Have you removed the plug and pulled on it to check everything is clearing and operating properly? It should pull easily.

chainsaw kits and packing lists
http://thechainsawkitguy.com
http://YouTube.com/c/the1chainsawguy

Really does sound a bit much if you cant move it!
That's why I suggested he check it without the plug. Compression is not a factor. Anytime we build one anything can happen, a debug is needed.

Mine is running good. I helped a neighbor who lost some trees and used it extensively on the tops. It's much easier to start than my 192t and much more power.

Maybe this will sort itself out for him. Thanks for watching, your input is valuable.

chainsaw kits and packing lists
http://thechainsawkitguy.com
http://YouTube.com/c/the1chainsawguy

I'm am not an expert on that subject since I don't do that on my saws, climbers don't want that tight of a pull in cramped conditions , but 17-20 thou seems to be the accepted squish . I would double check that measurement while that saw is together and take it from there. And if it still didn't move easily then common sense would tell you back it off!

Yes, i checked it prior to assembly and spark plug installation. it rolled over nicely. i triple checked squish at 4 places around the piston. averaged .017-.018. it's just a bear to pull over now with the recoil starter. It only has light oil on the rings. i havent got the top handle on yet. maybe it will be ok when that is on. this is pretty tight though and i will want to start it in a tree so i may tear it back down and put the gasket in. that would leave it at ~.037"

Yes, i checked it prior to assembly and spark plug installation. it rolled over nicely. i triple checked squish at 4 places around the piston. averaged .017-.018. it's just a bear to pull over now with the recoil starter. It only has light oil on the rings. i havent got the top handle on yet. maybe it will be ok when that is on.
Did you check the comp?

Assembly oil has run it up.

.017” piston crown clearance is adequate.

Park it with piston at BDC and cylinder upwards. Allow the oil to drain off the rings. Let it sit that way a couple days and then try to start it.

you think maybe assembly oil has hydrolocked it some while the piston is on it's side?

Yes, i checked it prior to assembly and spark plug installation. it rolled over nicely. i triple checked squish at 4 places around the piston. averaged .017-.018. it's just a bear to pull over now with the recoil starter. It only has light oil on the rings. i havent got the top handle on yet. maybe it will be ok when that is on. this is pretty tight though and i will want to start it in a tree so i may tear it back down and put the gasket in. that would leave it at ~.037"
Or make a gasket to so it works out to 25 thou or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back