FarmerTec MS200t Chainsaw Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
success. it was hydrolocked. after sitting upright and at BDC, put the spark plug back in and cranked it. I was able to pull it with the recoil as you would expect. compression checks at 160.

IMG_0180.JPEG IMG_0181.JPEG The side handle doesnt fit. Need to get OEM. Misses the AV buffer by 1/2" or so and dont want to torque the top handle to make it fit. I may take a heat gun to the side handle and see if I can get it to bend some to fit.

Oh, need the rear choke linkage as well. The AM on just pops out like others have experienced. Want to buy the D-ring for lanyard as well. They also shipped me the wrong gas vent. This one is the little white one that goes on the vent that would come directly out of the tank. This tank version has the Y-hoses that have vent and fuel line out of same hole. Gotta make a trip to stihl dealer.

The side handle doesnt fit. Need to get OEM. Misses the AV buffer by 1/2" or so and dont want to torque the top handle to make it fit. I may take a heat gun to the side handle and see if I can get it to bend some to fit.

Save your time. I tried the hair dryer and the gas stove burner. Neither worked.

Maybe the oven at 300 degrees but it’s simpler to get a used original.

View attachment 726640 View attachment 726641 The side handle doesnt fit. Need to get OEM. Misses the AV buffer by 1/2" or so and dont want to torque the top handle to make it fit. I may take a heat gun to the side handle and see if I can get it to bend some to fit.
Its been that way since the first ones come out at least 5 years ago they were told and replied their engineers looked at it and its fine.

Is misses AV by more than i feel like torquing it over. Plus the angle is not right and the handle base is not parallel to the AV mount surface. If I put that much strain on the lower AV mount, it will just sheer off at some point.

IMG_0182.jpeg

View attachment 726640 View attachment 726641 The side handle doesnt fit. Need to get OEM. Misses the AV buffer by 1/2" or so and dont want to torque the top handle to make it fit. I may take a heat gun to the side handle and see if I can get it to bend some to fit.

Oh, need the rear choke linkage as well. The AM on just pops out like others have experienced. Want to buy the D-ring for lanyard as well. They also shipped me the wrong gas vent. This one is the little white one that goes on the vent that would come directly out of the tank. This tank version has the Y-hoses that have vent and fuel line out of same hole. Gotta make a trip to stihl dealer.
Lets see a pic of the tank breather they sent you maybe its usable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back