Alert Jred saws on eBay not as advertised

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted to post my experience with my recent order of four of these 2166's. I received them yesterday, and all saws had issues, some worse than others:

Saw 1) 2016 manufacture date. The magnesium crankcase is cracked. As pictured the crack between the starter housing bolt and the AV mount. This runs all the way through. Not fixable.

Saw 2) 2016 manufacture date. The rear trigger handle assemble is split in two and the plastic is actually fractured and the pin joining the two halves is missing. Fixable but not acceptable.

Saw 3) 2016 manufacture date. This saw appears used, having multiple scuffs, scrapes, dings and wear marks. Pictures show the handle, muffler, among other areas. Pictures 3 & 4.

Saw 4) 2013 manufacture date. This saw exhibits significant magnesium corrosion. This is present in multiple areas of the crankcase. Paint is chipped and missing where the muffler bolts to the oil tank, and there is corrosion here as well. Picture 5.

Have filed a formal return request through eBay and awaiting response from seller.
That sucks. FYI, if you leave negative feedback about the "new" saws they sent, it will disappear.

With the number of saws that have corrosion I'm suspecting they were stored some place that got flooded. If you can't return it start reporting the seller repeatedly.
Oh they'll take them back...

How long do you think it'll be before another member pops in with "hey, that's the same **** they sold me and I sent back".

@Czed is waiting to buy the effed up returns. My advice: don't hold your breath...

This is interesting been up since 4 am reading here on the forum and decided to buy one of those 2166 from Ebay, at that time they had 2 left. Just could not bring myself to hit the buy it now button, over 2 hrs of indecision. So I decided to go outside and finish cutting up a Boxelder, and when done, if one of those 2166's were left I was going to make the purchase. Well when I got done approx 30-40- min ago I went to Ebay and both were sold. Went over here and noticed there is now a page 12 with the above posts.

What could be done is contact the State's Attorney's Office, or the District Attorneys Office of the County in question. The Atlanta Metro Area is composed of 9 Counties, my money is on them being in Gwinnette or the North side of Fulton County. If I had a address I might.... be able to get a family member to see if they are a brick and morter store, or a warehouse in an Industrial Park.

Regards

This is interesting been up since 4 am reading here on the forum and decided to buy one of those 2166 from Ebay, at that time they had 2 left. Just could not bring myself to hit the buy it now button, over 2 hrs of indecision. So I decided to go outside and finish cutting up a Boxelder, and when done, if one of those 2166's were left I was going to make the purchase. Well when I got done approx 30-40- min ago I went to Ebay and both were sold. Went over here and noticed there is now a page 12 with the above posts.

What could be done is contact the State's Attorney's Office, or the District Attorneys Office of the County in question. The Atlanta Metro Area is composed of 9 Counties, my money is on them being in Gwinnette or the North side of Fulton County. If I had a address I might.... be able to get a family member to see if they are a brick and morter store, or a warehouse in an Industrial Park.

Regards
Looks to be a warehouse.

Screenshot at 2019-03-30 15:57:45.png

Another thought; phone contact with the G.B.I. Georgia Bureau of Investigation, if there under investigation for similar or like conduct above, this info could be helpful.

Oh they'll take them back...

How long do you think it'll be before another member pops in with "hey, that's the same **** they sold me and I sent back".

@Czed is waiting to buy the effed up returns. My advice: don't hold your breath...
They said they don't have any returns or damaged one's to sell.

For a complete picture of who had what to say.. go to the Jred Dump posts. I think a complete picture of what forum posters were pushing the saws the most . I almost made a large buy but held back when all the ******** started. Rearview man posted many pictures of his saw just somehow left off the small detail about the R on the bottom . Crapper1 was all about the screaming deal and awesome feedback they had.
The 2 saws I bought and sold with full disclosure of what they were and supplied some extras to sweeten the deal. So once again go to Jred Dump... and make up your own mind who are the truthful posters about this matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For a complete picture of who had what to say.. go to the Jred Dump posts. I think a complete picture of what forum posters were pushing the saws the most . I almost made a large buy but held back when all the ******** started. Rearview man posted many pictures of his saw just somehow left off the small detail about the R on the bottom . Crapper1 was all about the screaming deal and awesome feedback they had.
The 2 saws I bought and sold with full disclosure of what they were and supplied some extras to sweeten the deal. So once again go to Jred Dump... and make up your own mind who are the truthful posters about this matter.

I absolutely hope they do, and see how full of **** what you just wrote about me is! Your anger is blinding you Bill.

I absolutely hope they do, and see how full of **** what you just wrote about me is! Your anger is blinding you Bill.

3ba080bbf0c3a856335c0c4eaacc82c6.jpg

A pity a few who are returning their purchase don't stamp their own mark, maybe "AS", in an inconspicuous place and maybe we can do some special AS tracking. We could start an AS lottery. Everyone puts in $5 and the first member to receive an AS marked saw that was sold as new wins first prize.

Do the "R" saws still have the serial numbers on them? If so, perhaps list the numbers here of the saws that are being returned? Or, to keep it less open to abuse, PM me the serial numbers rather than publish them and then, after a set time, I'll call out a number like we are playing bingo and maybe one of the AS crew have received that saw. We can jackpot the winnings if the number appears in the list more than once :)

Back