Alert Jred saws on eBay not as advertised

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeha I just seent them a question asking if they were refurbs or cosmetic blemishs and noted that they are burning up the various forums with people saying that they are not new, that they are marked with an R that means either reject or refurbished and we are not sure which...curious to see how they reply back.

yeha I just seent them a question asking if they were refurbs or cosmetic blemishs and noted that they are burning up the various forums with people saying that they are not new, that they are marked with an R that means either reject or refurbished and we are not sure which...curious to see how they reply back.

They modified the item description some time ago to add that the saws are marked with an R. They still say they are new not refurb though.

They modified the item description some time ago to add that the saws are marked with an R. They still say they are new not refurb though.
then its either a cosmetic reject or they are lying every manufacture releases cosmetic rejects and they all mark them in some fashion. very common practice... this would explain the corrosion on the magesium, the external scuffing and cracked tanks with no appearance of run time. the one with run time would be units that were started ran once or twice and returned to the seller by other ebay people.

This accounts for all cosmetic damage as well as the one with little (1 hour or less) run time and wood chips in the clutch. that have been reported in this thread. Occam's razor folks.

Fellas!! I bought 8 2166 ....and 8 2155.... at this price put fuel and oil in it run the dam jred until u cook it make money and go with the flow of wow I saved a nice penny on these saws ..... they have been branded due to refurb only because of flood damage to warehouse some will come in reg box some reboxed husqvarna got them back as a lot and made sure they where ok inspected reboxed .. and had the wholesale guy dump them on flea bag I mean flebay when I stumbled across on flebay I contacted asked for dealer info checked out .. also it's amazing how fast a man I'm giving some credit to some when I say man now dont get all butt chafing and blast off the seat it will only prov my opinion true. They are brand new I have 16 total and they are new contact husqvarna and see for yourself have your dealer info ready or u will be on phone for along time if not

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
"R" STANDS FOR
.REAL SAVINGS
.RUNS GREAT
.REALLY GUYS

only because of flood damage to
Did that flood crack cases, split fuel tanks, bend bucking spikes, and scuff them up?o_O
they where ok inspected
By who, Ray Charles?
They are brand new I have 16 total and they are new
So they're new? Gotcha...

It appears you got lucky, much like I did. I say "lucky" loosely. Mine appears to only have some shelf wear. In this lot I'm calling that lucky. Hard to recommend to others knowing what we know now though. I'm glad that this thread keeps going with people sharing the good and the bad about this seller, and I'm glad you came out feeling like you won. That obviously has not been the case for many others.

The vendor is a liar and a cheater, simple as that. “R” you stupid. Or what.
I dont have computer balls first off .... to call someone you dont know at all stupid well again easily typed on a computer...but shows how ignorant people can be ... I just was saying yes mine came in with a r .. they had minor scratches. on a few I mean few like 2 had some damage, they got returned.... is the vendor a liar and a cheat probably. I don't car I logged onto EBAY TO BUY A SAW THAT GOES FOR 700+/- FOR UNDER 500 SHIPPED TO MY DOORSTEP IF THAT WAS NOT YOUR FIRST IMPRESSION THEN LIKE BILL ENGVALL THE COMEDIAN SAYS "HERES YOUR SIGN"..as for the flood damage or natural disaster damage doing the damage explained.. I personally have seen houses removed from a concrete foundation so could it have been a flood or some other natural disaster or other odd reason for the damage .like tractor trailer accident roll over shipping container dropped or come loose or ups throwing it yep I didn't realize I had to spell it. Out completely.the reason I went with flood was the rust on mine.. but there it is point of this time wasted is I BOUGHT THEM KNOWING SOMETHING WAS UP . BUT I ALSO KNEW I COULD RETURN THEM IF IT WAS COMPLETELY BS WHICH IT WAS NOT COMPLETELY .. ALSO THERE IS A REASON EVERYONE CALLS IT FLEBAY FLEABAG,EBUM,EXC,EXC, so "R" u stupid? As for me no I bought them knowing I might have to pull some parts off shelf to fix knowing if I sell I will explain knowing when a good customer needs a saw and is was waiting on Corp America to cut his check within 30 sometimes 90 days is short on funds but needs to feed his family and keep his employees from starving but he short a saw I can hand him one knowing he will be back to pay when he gets paid so buff out the scratch or install a switch or install a AM TANK OR OEM AND PUT GAS OIL IN IT AND ADD TO THE SCRATCHES ,CRACKS,DENTS OMG

Did that flood crack cases, split fuel tanks, bend bucking spikes, and scuff them up?o_O
By who, Ray Charles?

So they're new? Gotcha...

It appears you got lucky, much like I did. I say "lucky" loosely. Mine appears to only have some shelf wear. In this lot I'm calling that lucky. Hard to recommend to others knowing what we know now though. I'm glad that this thread keeps going with people sharing the good and the bad about this seller, and I'm glad you came out feeling like you won. That obviously has not been the case for many others.
I should have been more specific natural disaster / or 18 wheeler roll over accident shipping container dropped or ups guy throwing it idk! you guess!! I do know I have 18 saws that I can let that logger in need of a new saw take on credit for a decent price till Corp America pays him for his past 3 months of work or however long.. "i know it's probably a exaggerated number and reason so dont fly off your highchair throw down the sippy cup and load your huggies full of waste on about it .. my point is if u dont like or it is broken then try again send it back as for a replacement that was not used buy some jackass swinging like an axe idk

If I had the funds, I would still buy one even if it had the "R". In reality, I would have that thing beat up and scratched up within a day of cutting anyway. Nice score for the guys who picked these up. To many projects on my end where I can't pull the trigger.

I should have been more specific natural disaster / or 18 wheeler roll over accident shipping container dropped or ups guy throwing it idk! you guess!! I do know I have 18 saws that I can let that logger in need of a new saw take on credit for a decent price till Corp America pays him for his past 3 months of work or however long.. "i know it's probably a exaggerated number and reason so dont fly off your highchair throw down the sippy cup and load your huggies full of waste on about it .. my point is if u dont like or it is broken then try again send it back as for a replacement that was not used buy some jackass swinging like an axe idk

Everyone understands, and probably mostly agrees with your points, but that's not THE point. It's obvious you'll not be capable of grasping it.

I guess you need proof, here you go. What you gonna say now?? Still no returns or damaged saws?
View attachment 726759
I tried to buy a couple of the jonsered 2166
And only the 2166 saws that had been returned.
By the people that bought them from ebay
The damaged.scuffed.broken.rusty.moldy.corroded.
dusty.miscolored plastics.r stamped 2166 saws.
I build saws and if i can get a good deal on
A complete bottom short block
I will
the major damage posted so far was one case crack and a few handles broke.
No it's not right these were advertised and sold as new
I only bought one and if it was damaged i would've taken care of it through the ebay process.
Mine was not damaged in any way and was never used
The r is not very visible so i didn't even notice it until these guy's posted pics.
If they were 429.00 shipped i would probably buy another
I've sold rebuilt saws for this much.

I tried to buy a couple of the jonsered 2166
And only the 2166 saws that had been returned.
By the people that bought them from ebay
The damaged.scuffed.broken.rusty.moldy.corroded.
dusty.miscolored plastics.r stamped 2166 saws.
I build saws and if i can get a good deal on
A complete bottom short block
I will the major damage posted so far was one case crack and a few handles broke.
No it's not right these were advertised and sold as new
I only bought one and if it was damaged i would've taken care of it through the ebay process.
Mine was not damaged in any way and was never used
The r is not very visible so i didn't even notice it until these guy's posted pics.
If they were 429.00 shipped i would probably buy another
I've sold rebuilt saws for this much.
I didn't notice at first either. I don't think we were alone in this.

If I had the funds, I would still buy one even if it had the "R". In reality, I would have that thing beat up and scratched up within a day of cutting anyway. Nice score for the guys who picked these up. To many projects on my end where I can't pull the trigger.
Hopefully the returns will pop up for sale somewhere
If i see them I'll tell you.
Might have one of the Randy's or sausage fingers port mine.
I've got some damn good ported 372s and a 2165
Strongest I've ever ran from them.

I dont have computer balls first off .... to call someone you dont know at all stupid well again easily typed on a computer...but shows how ignorant people can be ... I just was saying yes mine came in with a r .. they had minor scratches. on a few I mean few like 2 had some damage, they got returned.... is the vendor a liar and a cheat probably. I don't car I logged onto EBAY TO BUY A SAW THAT GOES FOR 700+/- FOR UNDER 500 SHIPPED TO MY DOORSTEP IF THAT WAS NOT YOUR FIRST IMPRESSION THEN LIKE BILL ENGVALL THE COMEDIAN SAYS "HERES YOUR SIGN"..as for the flood damage or natural disaster damage doing the damage explained.. I personally have seen houses removed from a concrete foundation so could it have been a flood or some other natural disaster or other odd reason for the damage .like tractor trailer accident roll over shipping container dropped or come loose or ups throwing it yep I didn't realize I had to spell it. Out completely.the reason I went with flood was the rust on mine.. but there it is point of this time wasted is I BOUGHT THEM KNOWING SOMETHING WAS UP . BUT I ALSO KNEW I COULD RETURN THEM IF IT WAS COMPLETELY BS WHICH IT WAS NOT COMPLETELY .. ALSO THERE IS A REASON EVERYONE CALLS IT FLEBAY FLEABAG,EBUM,EXC,EXC, so "R" u stupid? As for me no I bought them knowing I might have to pull some parts off shelf to fix knowing if I sell I will explain knowing when a good customer needs a saw and is was waiting on Corp America to cut his check within 30 sometimes 90 days is short on funds but needs to feed his family and keep his employees from starving but he short a saw I can hand him one knowing he will be back to pay when he gets paid so buff out the scratch or install a switch or install a AM TANK OR OEM AND PUT GAS OIL IN IT AND ADD TO THE SCRATCHES ,CRACKS,DENTS OMG

Sorry, I wasn’t calling you in particular stupid. I was calling everyone who has defended this seller after seeing the evidence stupid. You are not alone.I have been called “outspoken” before. To my face. In heated situations. Being “outspoken” is not a problem when you are right.

Several examples of saws in this thread show that the seller is more than unscrupulous. Criminal.

I guess you need proof, here you go. What you gonna say now?? Still no returns or damaged saws?
View attachment 726759
I don't think he's calling you a liar. I'm thinking that the company is going to resell these returned saws under the same listing they were purchased from until the last one doesn't come back.

LOL. About 25 years ago I took a trolling motor back to Walmart because it had a vibration in it. A few days later the same trolling motor was sitting on the shelf in the same box taped up

Back