Husqvarna chainsaw questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outdoorguy1979

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So I'm trying to put a husky 445 back together and have a problem. The saw has a new carb and every time I get it to run it shuts off just as I get the screw driver on it to adjust. I'm looking for ideas on what to do. Also I have a guy with about 25 non running chainsaws. There mosty husky, a few stihls, and a few others. I've seen pictures but have not seen them in person yet. As a lot what would be a good offering price? I dont want to over pay buy dont want to low ball either. This guy is about an hour or hour n a half from me.

After it dies will it restart next pull?

Lean.... raise your low side and LA and see what happens. Have you reset your carb to factory adjustment spec?

I'd close the high and low side down and count the turns so you have a reference, I believe clockwise will close or lean the adjustment. I put the high side back and open the low side up 1/4 to 1/2 turn from where its at...see if it will run. be careful setting the high end without a tach and running it too long.

Why did you replace the carb? maybe you have other problems. Did you replace the filter, fuel line and impulse line with the carb.

I baught the saw with a bad carb out of a pawn shop for 20.00 bucks fuel lines seen good so I didnt replace them. And when I took the saw apart I misplaced the carb so I got a new OEM carb.

I baught the saw for 20 bucks from a pawn shop with a bad carb. Fuel lines look good so I didnt replace them.

Sounds to me you have a lot to learn. Are you sure you want 25 saws that apparently need work? Going from not knowing how to adajust a carb to fixing 25 junkers is a leap. Well if you are going to get them to learn then they have to be cheap. Some of them will be worth something when you get them running and cutting well and some won't be worth the time you put into them to say nothing of the parts cost. They are in the pile for a reason. Find out why. Mike

Latest posts

Back