Best 50 cc saw available?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Biggest issue that I have with Lowe's selling Husqvarna, is that, it KILLS the nearby Dealers, Lowe's doesn't service anything (at least the ones near ME don't) and the Homeowners class saws are the Bread and Butter for the dealers. People buy at Lowe's THINKING they are getting a Better price than they would at a dealer, Not always True, but then they take the saw to the DEALER for service. But the dealer only gets the service, not the sale, that doesn't pay the bills.

The Dealer that I bought my first Husky's from, a 266XP and a 23 Compact, had a Lowe's open a mile up the road, and guess what? It's GONE, a Convenience Store now:(:(, Sandy Chain Saw, in Sandy, OR WAS a Husky Dealer, NOW? a Stihl Dealer:( for THAT very Reason

Another Huge PITA, is that Lowe's CAN'T order the Pro Series Saws that I want, if you don't want anything Bigger or Better than a 460 Rancher, you are SCHITT out of Luck:(:(:(

Coastal is a LITTLE Better, some carry up to the 372XP, but that is it there.

As far as the better price? Lowe's won't/Can't Dicker, when I bought my Wife her 445 for Christmas 2017(YES, She Really WANTED a Chainsaw:surprised3::):):)) MSRP was $339.95, which is what Lowe's would have charged me, I bought it at Extreme Power Sports in Okanogan, WA I had never been there before, not likely to be back, was just up there for work, and stopped in and they had it on the shelf, I put it on the counter, Price? $305,:surprised3::) no sales tax being an Oregon resident, I didn't even ASK for a discount, so I got the saw, 3 bottles of premix fuel(Which DOUBLES the warranty:):)) for $329, which was $10 LESS than I would have paid at Lowe's for the saw alone:D

Many People Underestimate the VALUE of a Good Dealer

Doug :cheers:

I’m not hating on Lowe’s they sell OEM stuff. I just like stihl bars better, they seem thicker or something maybe just wider. I got rid of my 455 mainly because I didn’t like the way it oiled. I was constantly cleaning crap out the bar, and stretching chain because it couldn’t get enough oil, smoked the bar a time or two also. I cleaned out the oiler, did everything you could possibly think of short of switching to a stihl bar. And it always had that issue. It would always start on no less than the second rip, and always ran like a banshee. So I did appreciate that.

Lowe's sells Husqvarna OEM Bars and Chains, just like the Husky saws sold at Lowes, there is NO DIFFERENCE between them and the same model bought at a dealer, same part#'s, SAME PARTS, have you had problems with Husky Bars?

I have Husky OEM B&C's in 13, 16 and 18" for the Wife's 445 and my 353, I haven't had any problems with them, what problems have you HAD?

For some reason some people seem to THINK that there is a difference between a Husqvarna bought at Lowe's and a Husqvarna bought at a Dealer, if it is the same model# it is the SAME ITEM, I don't know of anything that Husky builds exclusively for Lowe's, that is different from what is sold anywhere else.

But yet, That MYTH persists :confused::(:angry::dumb2::buttkick:

The Biggest issue that I have with Lowe's selling Husqvarna, is that, it KILLS the nearby Dealers, Lowe's doesn't service anything (at least the ones near ME don't) and the Homeowners class saws are the Bread and Butter for the dealers. People buy at Lowe's THINKING they are getting a Better price than they would at a dealer, Not always True, but then they take the saw to the DEALER for service. But the dealer only gets the service, not the sale, that doesn't pay the bills.

The Dealer that I bought my first Husky's from, a 266XP and a 23 Compact, had a Lowe's open a mile up the road, and guess what? It's GONE, a Convenience Store now:(:(, Sandy Chain Saw, in Sandy, OR WAS a Husky Dealer, NOW? a Stihl Dealer:( for THAT very Reason

Another Huge PITA, is that Lowe's CAN'T order the Pro Series Saws that I want, if you don't want anything Bigger or Better than a 460 Rancher, you are SCHITT out of Luck:(:(:(

Coastal is a LITTLE Better, some carry up to the 372XP, but that is it there.

As far as the better price? Lowe's won't/Can't Dicker, when I bought my Wife her 445 for Christmas 2017(YES, She Really WANTED a Chainsaw:surprised3::):):)) MSRP was $339.95, which is what Lowe's would have charged me, I bought it at Extreme Power Sports in Okanogan, WA I had never been there before, not likely to be back, was just up there for work, and stopped in and they had it on the shelf, I put it on the counter, Price? $305,:surprised3::) no sales tax being an Oregon resident, I didn't even ASK for a discount, so I got the saw, 3 bottles of premix fuel(Which DOUBLES the warranty:):)) for $329, which was $10 LESS than I would have paid at Lowe's for the saw alone:D

Many People Underestimate the VALUE of a Good Dealer

Rural King in NC has Stihls complete line, from the 170 to the 880, plus ALL the trimmers and blowers and everything else.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
All the Ace Hardware stores here are carrying a full line. It was just a few now that all are

The problem is that when Joe Homeowner goes to buy a saw on a Sunday and the dealer is closed. So he goes across the street and buys from Ace Hardware. He is given no instructions on the saw and straight gasses it. He takes it back to Ace and they don’t service the products so they send him across the street for the guy at the dealer to deal with.

Here's one of best ever made, run forever, light, low cost, run as good as any with muff modds on both. Plus they have Echo torque unlike small Husky saws that fall off real fast if they aren't kept at the perfect RPM S. Steve

Nice. I want a pro duty saw though, with a metal case.

Here's one of best ever made, run forever, light, low cost, run as good as any with muff modds on both. Plus they have Echo torque unlike small Husky saws that fall off real fast if they aren't kept at the perfect RPM S. Steve

That is a fast saw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not hating on Lowe’s they sell OEM stuff. I just like stihl bars better, they seem thicker or something maybe just wider. I got rid of my 455 mainly because I didn’t like the way it oiled. I was constantly cleaning crap out the bar, and stretching chain because it couldn’t get enough oil, smoked the bar a time or two also. I cleaned out the oiler, did everything you could possibly think of short of switching to a stihl bar. And it always had that issue. It would always start on no less than the second rip, and always ran like a banshee. So I did appreciate that.
I hear that lowes is getting a new look inside the stores they are doing away with kobalt totally and alot of other brands husqvarna is on the block as well.... to be replaced with craftsman that will help ..that is what one of the store managers told me who lives down the road from me I work on his saws he told me this a couple weeks ago how true idk

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The echo 490 is definitely the best value, good reliable saw. It just wont put a smile on your face like a 550xp will.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
It will if you like saving money, just gotta look where the smile comes from. Performance wise, nope. You gotta try one that’s been changed over to 3/8 lp. Made mine an entirely different saw.

Consider a fully redone and ported 026/MS260 that would be in the price range of one of these computerized wonders. As in case split, new bearings, new carb, piston, rings etc...

Smaller and much more compact. About the same weight with more fuel capacity than an MS261CM and no damn computer.

The MS261 won’t pull a 20” 3/8 with any authority unless it’s ported. Maybe a .325, maybe. The MS261CM ported will beat up a ported 026, but it’s the same size if not slightely larger than an 036. Weighs a few pounds less than an 036 though.

Latest posts

Back