CS-300 Tank vent?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New needle, new screen, new kit, all ports cleaned with carb cleaner, fresh fuel line and filter. Still wont idle. Will pressure test later this week unless any other ideas pop up.

Limiter caps are off. The idle screw wont let it keep running no matter the setting, has to be full throttle, it will die on half throttle. I have not pressure/vac tested the saw yet. The screen wasnt letting all the light in, so I swapped that out. Anyone know the stock settings for the screws? I have been using 1.25 out on L and 1.75 on the H.
The screen is not the problem, but the crud in the passage. The other passages in the carb have crud too.

These 300 series saws are reed engines. Could the reed gap be too large?

I've attached the service data that I have for similar Echo saws. Hopefully it will be helpful.

Attachments

• Service Information cs-301,341,346.pdf
    64.6 KB · Views: 7
Nah, there it was in #20!! Yeah I always tell them to hold it up to a light, because that tiny passage under the screen can be choked up with crap and give all kinds of irratic, funny symptoms.

Latest posts

Back