Jred/Husky Trigger Housing Split in Half

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HerbHammer

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a question and I'm having a surprisingly hard time finding an answer by searching this forum or anywhere else online. I recently got a Jonsered 2166 (basically same saw as Husky 365xp and 372xp), and it arrived with the trigger/fuel tank housing split in two at the trigger. Picture attached.

I see that obviously this is a two piece part, with a clear seam, and there is a pin that was driven out (to the left), that would serve to hold these two halves together, as well as being a pivot for the operator presence lever/trigger.

What I can't tell is if this part is meant to split into two halves, ie. is the plastic actually welded or bonded together and it has actually broken. I can't find any reference to disassembly where you actually split these two halves. It would clearly be a problem if you split the fuel tank part of this assembly in half, but mine is only split in half at the upper trigger assembly.

Can this be fixed by simply pressing it back together and driving the pin back in, or is the part not meant to split in half?

Thanks for the help

Attachments

• IMG_6836.JPG
    IMG_6836.JPG
    388.4 KB · Views: 18
The pin is to strictly to keep trigger LOCK in position. Some models have a 'pop out' for access. Some times just for the heat element. I have had them separate a little bit before. It would jam up.

Latest posts

Back