Raisman Dolmar 7900 52mm kit, nikasil 54mm kit...??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yotaismygame

Juiced Saws #GetJuiced
Reaction score
I have a nwp 54mm kit on my makita, I like it. I'm in the market for another top end for a different saw and today I noticed raisman makes a 52mm kit. Is there any noticeable negatives to going with the 54mm kit? I know some other saws that have BB kits available aren't as strong as the smaller OEM top ends. Maybe the 52mm AM kit is better???

Over priced. Not interested in talking about the oem top end which is why I didnt bring it up. Thanks for the response anyways.

Oem is $200 cheapest I’ve seen. The “nikasel” brand(54mm) sawagain sells is $80 I think, and sawagain also sells a raisman brand (52mm). I have a nwp top end on a Makita already and it’s great. I think nwp is just a brand not really a company who produces anything themselves.

My main question is, do you go with the big bore or a AM 52mm (stock size). I know in some other saws the bigbore stuff is just an oversized jug with the same ports which doesn’t perform as well. Seeing this 52mm raisman got me thinking

Oem is $200 cheapest I’ve seen. The “nikasel” brand(54mm) sawagain sells is $80 I think, and sawagain also sells a raisman brand (52mm). I have a nwp top end on a Makita already and it’s great. I think nwp is just a brand not really a company who produces anything themselves.
Not long ago I remember someone posting a link to an OEM 7900 P/C for $160 shipped. I think that is reasonably priced.

My main question is, do you go with the big bore or a AM 52mm (stock size). I know in some other saws the bigbore stuff is just an oversized jug with the same ports which doesn’t perform as well. Seeing this 52mm raisman got me thinking
I would skip the aftermarket P/C's. I have had terrible success with them. The last one I had dealings with (not that long ago) ended up under my 12lb. sledge after a bunch of frustration and aggravation.

There is a lot more going on inside the transfers than meets the eye and that’s why it’s tough to beat OEM.

The price of AM makes them attractive for experimenting for certain. NWP makes/distributes some of the best AM jugs I’ve ever laced eyes upon.

My bet would be that the 52mm jug makes more power because of having more real estate in the tunnels.

I installed a 52mm from dandrikorp of flea Bay and it's been very good so for. BUT it's only been 5 7 tanks so far. But I like it.they had the 54mm.big also but I wanted to try the 52mm.I clone.

Back