Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is not fun
f1e89f227fd8fb8adf81995da751afaf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May not be but you sure have the way to do it figured out. Back in the day I got some runners from pallets that were oak and burned them in my wood stove, they were some nice heat. Only had enough for a weeks worth. Only time I have ever heated with hard wood and you do it all the time. Sucks to live in the pine trees

That is not fun
f1e89f227fd8fb8adf81995da751afaf.jpg

Perfect! Thou shall not covet thy neighbors wood, but I’m about out of my seasoned stuff.

Those splits looks great, but will only burn a few more times since the night temps have been above 30F...

Where’s the hydraulic splitter?

Cheated on my Poulans this afternoon, but the bottom & top end build up on a 95cc German saw is finally done.

Should properly flow some exhaust gas, as I ground/beveled/lowered the piston crown edge instead of raising the exhaust port, for a bit more duration.

That big port is stock, only cleaned it.

2EAEA5CD-847B-4C36-944C-1C77EBF01799.jpeg

I've been working on a few outboards, one Honda and two Mercs.. Honda was a simple carb clean and a new float bowl chamber. One of the Mercs needs a cdi module, the other was a freebie 2005 5hp 4 stroke. Fellow thought he locked it up when he replaced the water pump impeller. From what I've seen on the motor, he doesn't need to be working on one. Had I running in a few hours of fixing stuff he messed up. Still need to get a few things he had lost. He even busted the pump housing when he put the impeller in from over tightening. Plastic just can take but so much torque from an impact wrench. Plus you don't turn a 4 stroke motor upside down, oil has to go somewhere, like the cylinder through the breather pipe to intake. Will make on hydro lock. [emoji28]

Steve

Cheated on my Poulans this afternoon, but the bottom & top end build up on a 95cc German saw is finally done.

Should properly flow some exhaust gas, as I ground/beveled/lowered the piston crown edge instead of the exhaust port for a bit more duration. That big port is stock, only cleaned it.

View attachment 726720
That's shinny, you polish it out also?

Steve

Went out in the woods to cut off some cedars & trim back some deadfall with my Super S25 & found these wild morel mushrooms popping up everywhere along the north sides of the wood lot.

Frenchman’s gourmet type they say, but just taste like beef to me after being sautéd in salted butter, bullion, & some cut green beans, lol.

Spring has finally sprung, burp!

EEE0524D-B660-4413-A136-C7322BC073D9.jpeg A9A70F7E-8B63-44E6-87DA-36E8453C0A80.jpeg 91B56305-2C33-433A-886D-C42D954AF0B8.jpeg 4D13AB94-DD2F-4D2D-AB1B-FA7DB2C88983.jpeg

Went out in the woods to cut off some cedars & trim back some deadfall with my Super S25 & found these wild morel mushrooms popping up everywhere along the north sides of the wood lot.

Frenchman’s gourmet type they say, but just taste like beef to me after being sautéd in salted butter, bullion, & some cut green beans, lol.

Spring has finally sprung, burp!

View attachment 727457 View attachment 727456 View attachment 727455 View attachment 727454
Where's The BEEF.

Steve

So kind of of the wall question here. So my 4200 I’ve been working on as I get time between an infant, toddler, wife, full time job, overtime, and part time job. The saw starts but will not stay idling long, bogs on throttle, and wants to kick the starter rope back out. So it’s cause the recoil spring to loose its retraction. I’m almost ready to box the thing up and ship it to one of y’all to fix for me lol.

Question: What would cause that? And am I overthinking the process with a thought in my mind that the flywheel key may be broken and cause the timing to either Advance or Retard?

Back