Tecomec Super Jolly for $270?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan'smilling

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Anyone seen these? I've been thinking of buying a grinder recently and started looking at what was available. The tecomec jolly star looked pretty good for around $300, but then I saw a super jolly for $270 from Maverick Mower parts. The word tecomec wasn't on the page though, only Stens. So I called and asked about them. They said it's a tecomec and that they ship orders over $200 for free.

So I called Stens and asked about them. It's part number 700-010 by the way. The guy there checked with the tech department and confirmed that it's a tecomec grinder. The best prices I've seen for these with the word Tecomec in the description is approaching $400.

So, I ordered one. If it's a knock off I'll send it back, but I'm fairly optimistic. I did some googling but I didn't see any threads here or on 0peforum about anyone buying them from a Stens retailer.

Anyone seen these? I've been thinking of buying a grinder recently and started looking at what was available. The tecomec jolly star looked pretty good for around $300, but then I saw a super jolly for $270 from Maverick Mower parts. The word tecomec wasn't on the page though, only Stens. So I called and asked about them. They said it's a tecomec and that they ship orders over $200 for free.

So I called Stens and asked about them. It's part number 700-010 by the way. The guy there checked with the tech department and confirmed that it's a tecomec grinder. The best prices I've seen for these with the word Tecomec in the description is approaching $400.

So, I ordered one. If it's a knock off I'll send it back, but I'm fairly optimistic. I did some googling but I didn't see any threads here or on 0peforum about anyone buying them from a Stens retailer.
I’m looking to get one of these units myself and was wondering if you pulled the trigger on it and if so how it is working for you?
Shawn

I was looking on line at Tecomec compact with manual vise and I don’t believe it had ability for 10 degree vise tilt google found this one branded Stens for $70 more. I was looking for reviews on tecomec or stens found very few.
I think Thursday I’ll order one. I have a Habor Freight $29.99 one that I use but it is cheap plastic and lacks adjustment not to mention vise out of center so I have to reset every time I switch from right to left cutters. Not a great big deal but adds more time and messing around.
Thanks
Shawn

It's the exact same thing as the Oregon 620. I called Maverick and Stens before ordering and both confirmed that it's a tecomec. Mine says tecomec and made in Italy all over it. :)

I just placed my order and will in the next two weeks be looking at CBN wheels for it thanks for the information.
Shawn

Well a little set back in the delivery of my grinder which was to be delivered today. Bad weather caused UPS to cut their route short today so I did not receive it. Delivery was rescheduled for tomorrow and I won’t be home until late in the evening to play with it.
Shawn

Well a little set back in the delivery of my grinder which was to be delivered today. Bad weather caused UPS to cut their route short today so I did not receive it. Delivery was rescheduled for tomorrow and I won’t be home until late in the evening to play with it.
Shawn

Let me know how you like those CBN wheels. I'm probably have to pick some up at some point.

I’ve been using one for about a year doing harvester chains weekly roughly 15 to 30 94 driver 404 chains and the only issue I’ve had is the cylinder attachment pin kept sliding out to attach to the grinder head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking at YouTube last night and saw an attachment for the Oregon 620-120 that made the grinder head work automatically with a foot pedal all the operator did was advance the chain. Ok this is already a more advanced machine than I need for the couple chains I will be sharpening each week for my fire wood cutting I will be doing. The machinist in me says I can build that unit myself I have an old industrial sowing machine I picked up for $15.00 20 years ago that will donate a speed control motor thinking this will be my next project.
Shawn

Well I had a little time to sharpen a few chains and I must say that it is way way better than the harbor freight grinder I replaced with it I did not get a chance to cut wood yet and will not for couple weeks but as far as grinding goes it is ridged and accurate.
Shawn

I’ve been away from the forum a while due to having a triple bypass on February 26 feeling much better now my son has been doing the saw work I have been demoted to safety guy making sure no one gets hurt.
I have only used one of my chains I sharpened but it is holding up well.
Shawn

I’ve been away from the forum a while due to having a triple bypass on February 26 feeling much better now my son has been doing the saw work I have been demoted to safety guy making sure no one gets hurt.
I have only used one of my chains I sharpened but it is holding up well.
Shawn
Hope you are recovering well. Do not over do it.

I have been very good about what I do so far not lifting over 10 pounds not driving for 4 weeks eating better and walking still won’t be able to lift large pieces of wood but should be able to saw it and supervise loading. And of course drive the truck.
Shawn

Latest posts

Back