Found a saw on eBay, cheep Chinese made thing, and one ever run one?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There there own beast really I had a 52cc version for around 5 years it wore out 2 bars in that time and never an issue not 1. There seems to be a bunch of factory's building the same generic saw with minor bodywork changes. At box stores and what not you can find these saws branded with whatever the company asked/paid for. It's kind of lucky dip. Eg our home improvement store chain here in nz (mitre 10) has/had them branded with job mate mitre 10s in house budget brand. They were 100 bux more than my Chinese saw and a mate bought 1 as a laugh and a test as he was impressed with mine.... it was junk the starter broke the throttle broke screws were loose or stripped or the heads would break off and that was that just junk yet mine looked identical lasted and lasted. So yeah lucky dip indeed mine was called YD52 and you could get 100 of them for 7k nz.

All said an done they can be good/ok or just junk and now I know better I'd rather spend my money on older quality stuff

I am very pleased with my Chinese clones. I got my first one about two and half years ago. There have been some issues to resolve with every purchase. The initial cost is low and the designs are bullet proof. If Stihl and Husky could built stuff like that today I would buy it. I do not care about ultra light weight. After all I have two 070. I will not spend a dime on a saw with limiters or auto tune any thing. I want saws that I can pull the carb or do a carb cleaning in the field. I work in varied altitudes so a saw setup is always different. A couple of saws are set for 8,000 or 9,000 feet with many set for 2,500. Parts are easy, designs are simple and longevity may be in question, but do not care. Thanks

You have some good points there. No EPA shyt to deal with and there rather simple the plastic seems not to brittle and they have a metal crank case not plastic clam shell so in many ways built alot better than some brand name homeowner stuff. The power isn't really revy its wide and fat and can lug slowly if need be in tricky spots where kick back will be nasty. Mine lasted years and I sold it still going fine n dandy.

I think the branded box store versions are lower quality and I'm wondering if its because they want it cheaper so they get low quality.

96f286ca78fe2a580b6f1ef3172bae1a.jpg

56cc x 18” (.325” pitch).

Works well enuf. Certainly not a hot rod by any stretch.

$109 delivered to my porch.

Copy of a Blue Max which itself is a copy of ????
e4fd74fdaddca624f0ce1d5ef0205c05.jpg

96f286ca78fe2a580b6f1ef3172bae1a.jpg

56cc x 18” (.325” pitch).

Works well enuf. Certainly not a hot rod by any stretch.

$109 delivered to my porch.

Copy of a Blue Max which itself is a copy of ????
e4fd74fdaddca624f0ce1d5ef0205c05.jpg

I've got the same one. I ditched the cat muffler and retuned it. The are clones of the saw in the link I posted above with different plastics. I have real deals and clones. This one runs right along with my Tanaka label redmax g5000.

blue max and pinty are made by the same company.
http://www.surpass-tools.com

The prices have surely gone up lately. Seems there after the mid size saw market. I’m not sure but the cost is close to a used 266/268 husky. You know there quality wont come close to those.

I guess it’s even more a throwaway thing, buy it, run it and in a short time it’s scrap. I have a bad habit of encasing things in cement. My 400 small block Chevy cracked block will last for ever in the foundation pillars for my 10’x20’ shed. Break on me you go in cement down the road. Better than rebar.

No huskys will ever be harmed in anyway. But wornout bars and chains will become rebar.

I've got the same one. I ditched the cat muffler and retuned it. The are clones of the saw in the link I posted above with different plastics. I have real deals and clones. This one runs right along with my Tanaka label redmax g5000.

blue max and pinty made by the same company.
http://www.surpass-tools.com

I run a 3/8” drill bit into the cat. Kind of dug it out some. [emoji6]

I bought a spare carb for it just to get the slotted mixture screws. I should change them out and tinker.

Let us know how it runs seriously. I was thinking about a saw for my hunting camp. The biggest thing I follow on you tube with clones and seizing up saws is they don’t read the instructions about what mix ratio to use. Most say 20:1 that I see.

Let us know how it runs seriously. I was thinking about a saw for my hunting camp. The biggest thing I follow on you tube with clones and seizing up saws is they don’t read the instructions about what mix ratio to use. Most say 20:1 that I see.

I've been running mine at 40:1 like all of my others

It doesn’t hurt to run them richer I even ran my older huskys lower than 40:1 I’d rather change a spark plug or clean the spark arrestor than rebuild it. I mixed the oil can 40:1 to 2.5 gallons of gas, to the 40:1 to 2.3 gallons of gas. My little 240s was the only husky that the spark arrester needed cleaning and a new plug every so often. The 266/2100 needed nothing. They never wore out.

On my 3 different Chinese saws I started out with 20-1 then switched to 40-1 after 2 tanks and tuned the carbs.
They come set rich most of the time, switching mixtures to 40-1 made them even richer, you need to lean most all of them out.
Even with muffler mods I ended up leaner on the high then what it was out of the box on the 62.

For muffler mods, I drill holes in the cat, pull the steal wool out of it and check the fit from the port opening to the muffler, making the muffler opening bigger if need be, one was off an 1/8 of an inch. These mufflers don't really need more or bigger holes in the front of them, they're not real quiet stock.

I run a 3/8” drill bit into the cat. Kind of dug it out some. [emoji6]

I bought a spare carb for it just to get the slotted mixture screws. I should change them out and tinker.

Yes you should.

Latest posts

Back