Runnin' Loads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve been off the forum for a while have not hauled a load of wood since late January or early February I had a triple bypass surgery on February 26 thanks to a family member who remains unknown a triaxle load of wood showed up in my driveway just needing sawed to length. Feeling much better and in a week and a half the weight restriction that I have will be lifted and my saws will be back on the list of things I can lift.
Can’t wait to get back into making sawdust.
Shawn

It's a 30-06... In the past I've also owned a 40-06 and a 62-06...

Deutz isn't the only air/oil cooled diesel tractors, SLH also built REALLY good air/oil cooled tractors too, mine have been VERY good to me.

SR
The two 8006’s are still on the farm and in running order the 4506 was sold for parts my grandfather beat that poor thing to death he thought it was a log skidder as well as a 992 wheel loader. He sheared off several front axles and after adding ballast to the rear end he broke two rear axles. Not the tractors fault that man did things with that tractor that would have broke a D8 dozer.
I’m looking at a 6240 at the moment for my wood cutting and moving.
Shawn

Quite a few 06 and 07 series Deutz still making farmers money around here... Lot's of them were sold here and quite a few 100-06's are still going strong doing tillage.

SR

Quite a few 06 and 07 series Deutz still making farmers money around here... Lot's of them were sold here and quite a few 100-06's are still going strong doing tillage.

SR
The fuel economy was great and the amount of hp that was usable was great my neighbor had his 95 hp IH go down in the middle of his tilling season pap offered an 8006 until he got the IH fixed he almost didn’t take it thinking the 80 would not be enough to pull his discs 3 weeks later he was the owner of his own 8006 could not believe how fuel savings or the fact that it handled his discs better than the IH.
Shawn

I’ve been off the forum for a while have not hauled a load of wood since late January or early February I had a triple bypass surgery on February 26 thanks to a family member who remains unknown a triaxle load of wood showed up in my driveway just needing sawed to length. Feeling much better and in a week and a half the weight restriction that I have will be lifted and my saws will be back on the list of things I can lift.
Can’t wait to get back into making sawdust.
Shawn

Well we are glad that your gona be mowing the grass, not making it ... so there are up sides. Ya, take it in steps and you will heal. As I say to others ... TrEE ... Take r Easy Eh !!

The fuel economy was great and the amount of hp that was usable was great my neighbor had his 95 hp IH go down in the middle of his tilling season pap offered an 8006 until he got the IH fixed he almost didn’t take it thinking the 80 would not be enough to pull his discs 3 weeks later he was the owner of his own 8006 could not believe how fuel savings or the fact that it handled his discs better than the IH.
Shawn

Yes, the fuel savings add up fast!! Getting 2 days outa a tank of fuel compared to filling every day really keeps money in your wallet. Ask anyone one who thought a used, low piced 6.0 Chev was a great buy ... coupla months later truck was gooone ... great power but dahm did they burn fuel.

Another load goin to the shed. Mostly oak with a lil sassafras mixed in. View attachment 727700

That is such a nice, even, pretty looking load and stack compared to what I deal with.

Keep on .... Runnin' Loads !!

Many years ago, a farmer friend here, had the clutch go out on his 117hp John Deere while plowing... The Deutz dealer brought him a new Deutz 100-06 to use while they replaced the clutch on the deere.

My farmer friend told me the 100hp Deutz would out plow the 117hp deere while using 5 gallons LESS fuel every day! Boy, was he ever impressed...

When the deer clutch job was done and the tractor returned, my friend kept/bought the loaner Deutz and never bought another new deere tractor from that day on. They did buy several Deutz though...

To this day, I think they still have three Deutz tractors over there... He was the one that got me to buy my first Deutz tractor...

SR

Hauled home a 3 cord load after work last night. Started at 4:30 and drove the tractor out of the woods with the last bucket load just after 7:30. Fell, bucked, hauled out of the woods with the tractor to the truck and trailer then hauled the load home. The truck has 16" oak, hickory, maple and cherry. The trailer has 24" pine and hardwood limb wood.
I ran two saws build from parts. The 365 built from at lest 4 saws has a 372 piston and cylinder. The 372 got run over and broke most of the cooling fins. I was able to weld all the fins back on. I messed around with the piston, doming the top and removed material from the base of the cylinder. The 353 has a 346 piston and cylinder I got from a local novice chainsaw builder who has spend some time in person with some of the top builders here on AS.

20190404_193520.jpg 20190404_183923.jpg 20190128_103837.jpg
Pic with the loader is from January

Very nice rig!!

I take it’s a Kodiak/Top Kick and it’ll handle any firewood load you drop in it.

Glad to hear your oopsy saw was able to be repaired, my Ski 350 met it’s match with the back axle of my F350. I think the rotating assembly & the top end survived... the rest didn’t but I’m keeping an eye out for a cooked one with good plastics.

Keep on ... Runnin’ Loads !!

My brother and I spent both Saturday and Sunday cutting down Maple and Cherry trees at his friend's house. Here are my 3 loads:
56433391_10100134447857820_1446411828421722112_n.jpg

56472453_10100134447832870_7758754142713020416_n.jpg

57101594_10100134447763010_5685842040483479552_n.jpg

We have several more to do in the coming weekends.

Nice & pretty looking loads there everyone!!

I spent a lil time at the saw today at some ant killed tree's from the BIL's place in town. I left them in a pile for the last 2 years to be sure the carpenter ants were good and gone or dead ... I don't want those in my wood pile.

IMG_5053[1].JPG
IMG_5054[1].JPG
IMG_5055[1].JPG

I kinda should have knotted and length'd them a while sooner cause dahm was that wood hard, dead dry but hard. So hard I put down the 250 and grabbed the 034 with a freshly sharpened chain and it still barely grabbed. I ate saw chips all afternoon cause it was gusting really hard. I had to stop a few times and claw the dust outa my eyes.

Over all I got almost a full row of 4 fts with a side of heavy kibble, then a huge pile of block to be split at the front... sooo I'm gona have to find some room for them. The Ol' 1 Ton's pretty full !!

Keep on .... Runnin' Loads !!

Back