homelite XL-103 jug on an SXL?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vizette

I can fix that...
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I've got an SXL (10045c) where the piston and cylinder got into a fight, and they both lost... I've been hunting around for replacements, but the price for them is pretty much the same as a whole saw. I did however spot a piston/cylinder from an XL-103 on "the bay", and I'm wondering if I can make this work?

The stroke and bore are the same according to Acres (but there's a cc difference), so I'm wondering if this is one of those situations where they used the same thing across multiple saws - this being one of them? I know the the SXL and the XL-12 were very similar saws for example, and a lot of the XL-100 series shared parts... Looks like p/n A-64542 on the jug.

-Rich

The pistons are the same on the xl-12 and the 100-103 saws, the cylinder is different. The super xl is 58 cc compared to the 54cc of the xl-12. Both have the same stroke and can be interchangeable. If you are not in a hurry I might have one I can send you.

I thought about using an XL-100 series cylinder on my Super XL, but the magneto/ignition mounting bosses are in different places between the two cylinders. The muffler bolt holes also appear to be in slightly different locations.

Ahh yeah I was wondering about the mount points... Good to know - I figured someone here had gone down this path already!

@KYsawman I'm in no hurry... also chatting with ChoppyChoppy on the side regarding parts, but would appreciate whatever you could kick up. I noticed the cc difference on Acres and was wondering where that difference came from.

Thank you both!

-Rich

Back