atv logging

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully your not running stock tires on that grizzly? I always run bigger aftermarket tires. A lot more puncture resistant, more ground clearance, and way more traction. A winch is definitely a must also, many uses for it.

Yes, worn stock tires, which I'm sure is part of the problem. I want to keep stock size, but I have no clue what tires are best for general all around use. I have a good winch on it. Mostly use that with the snowplow, but have used it for other stuff too.

Make sure you are always checking oil on the Yamaha 660 motor whether it is in a grizz or rhino. They use a tich of oil and the system doesn't hold much. Nothing wrong with them it just happens. Put many a piston in from low oil running.

Maxxis bighorns and kenda bear claws are both good all around stockish tires with good traction.
X2 on the kenda bear claws. They work quite well for not being over agressive.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Is "this" ATV logging??

standard.jpg

SR

Girls ATV.jpg 468.JPG I have done some ATV logging/fire wooding with my '06 Arctic Cat TRV. Sitting up a couple inches and with bigger aftermarket tires is nice in bad weather. I did have to beef up the hitch after nearly ripping it off pulling 4x6 trailer full of wood. Really enjoy the box on the back for holding saws/oil/tool box. Usually goes to the woods with 3 saws, tool box, fuel jug and oil jug in the box. Splitter or trailer on the hitch. I prefer taking the Cat to the woods for cutting and hauling trailer. The Cat also get's double duty w/ playing on the trails...nice b/c the box comes off and can be replaced with legal 2nd seat.
Girls ATV.jpg Kubota L3900 is what I take for skidding logs. Both tractors and ATV's serve a purpose.

Back