Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll take it back apart tomorrow hopefully. I did not pull any plug on the carb, didnt see any, but also wasnt looking. All fresh line from the carb to the tank. No kinks in the line. I havent tried putting mix into the carb, put some in a tiny cup and pour it in? No fuel is pulling at all, line is empty and filter submerged.

I'll take it back apart tomorrow hopefully. I did not pull any plug on the carb, didnt see any, but also wasnt looking. All fresh line from the carb to the tank. No kinks in the line. I havent tried putting mix into the carb, put some in a tiny cup and pour it in? No fuel is pulling at all, line is empty and filter submerged.
Are you sure the carb was rebuilt correctly? Is you fuel line a 3 piece line? A couple of possibilities, if the fuel line has ANY leak, it will suck air instead of fuel. Easiest way to find out is to pressure test carb from the fuel filter end, assuming the carb is correct. Carb may be incorrect, gaskets out of order, needle height to low, plugged ect... A missing reed, it wont pump either (FOTHW) on that one.

Are you sure the carb was rebuilt correctly? Is you fuel line a 3 piece line? A couple of possibilities, if the fuel line has ANY leak, it will suck air instead of fuel. Easiest way to find out is to pressure test carb from the fuel filter end, assuming the carb is correct. Carb may be incorrect, gaskets out of order, needle height to low, plugged ect... A missing reed, it wont pump either (FOTHW) on that one.

3 piece line yes. I matched the gaskets to the old ones and the order on the IPL. Reeds are all in place as I changed the reed holder out and verified. I have a mityvac I can use, how much pressure or vac do I need to put to the carb? I'll also check the needle.

I have a mityvac I can use, how much pressure or vac do I need to put to the carb? I'll also check the needle.
Pressure to 6 psi. I always pressure test the carburetor before installing it. That way when pressure testing from the fuel filter end, if it won’t hold pressure, then it has to be the line.

Tested the carb. It held 6 psi so I tore it apart to see if anything is plugged. Took the float thing out and it felt like it was stuck to the bottom. Would that cause no fuel intake?

Reassembled and it held 6psi still, but it back on the saw. Now I have fuel coming out the carb into the air box. Doesnt look like anything is making it to the cylinder. Now what? Squirt some mix into the cylinder and see if it will fire and stay running?

Edit: Shes trying to fire. Just not quite there. Going to let the fuel dry up and Ill richen the screws a tad and give it another go.

Did the Homelite EZ have auto oiling when in the blue and white color sceme? Were there Super EZs in blue and white?

Did the Homelite EZ have auto oiling when in the blue and white color sceme? Were there Super EZs in blue and white?

My blue and white EZ is manual only, but they might have auto ones in that color too. The blue and white super EZ is around, but rare.

Sho2nnu.jpg

I showed my buddy the 4 saws I got. He has a degree in forestry products, and was a fire jumper out west many years ago. Came home to take over the family accounting business. He looked over the tailgate and it took him about a mili second and he said we hated those 450's. Then he said, I like the other ones. Got the impression he thought $10 was too much for it. LOL.

P.S.When I asked the saw shop guy if he had any old Homelites, he said he had a 750 in the back, and my heart flipped over. When he pulled it off the shelf he said, oh, it's a 450. So, I said no at first, then he said $10, and I said yes.

Just rebuilt a 150 (yeah, another one) for a guy and it has an odd oil leak. Initially seemed to be coming from the bottom tank seam. I thought the tank had completely drained but found it nearly full when I checked it. Looks like the only other possibilities are the cap or the discharge hole to the bar.
Hard to tell if the ball bearing 'vent' is actually venting and I'm wondering if they're known for clogging and allowing pressure to build in the tank and forcing oil out the discharge hole while the saw is just sitting after being run for awhile. Gasket looked ok but I have a new one coming anyway. Screws were all nice and tight.

Just rebuilt a 150 (yeah, another one) for a guy and it has an odd oil leak. Initially seemed to be coming from the bottom tank seam. I thought the tank had completely drained but found it nearly full when I checked it. Looks like the only other possibilities are the cap or the discharge hole to the bar.
Hard to tell if the ball bearing 'vent' is actually venting and I'm wondering if they're known for clogging and allowing pressure to build in the tank and forcing oil out the discharge hole while the saw is just sitting after being run for awhile. Gasket looked ok but I have a new one coming anyway. Screws were all nice and tight.
I might have to come hang out at your place for a while. My limit on buying saws "was" 70CC's or bigger. Then I found one of Dad's 150's, the recoil spring was broken so I got one online. The little loop on the end of the spring was misshaped and I couldn't get it installed. Before I could order a new one, I went to an auction and bought another complete saw for $5, just for the recoil. It turned out to be a great runner. Then my cousin was at an auction and picked up another one for $5. This one was in a case with a brand new chain on the saw, two sharpened chains, two spark plugs, and a plug tool with a hole in it you stick a screw driver through, and a screw driver. My cousin said the one he got me is a great runner, and it has some big strings of saw dust hanging on it, but the oiler doesn't work. I'm going to have to put a shelf up just for 150's now. Oh, I still haven't fixed Dad's old saw.

Stay away!!! LOL

Aside from the three I've recently worked on, I have four of my own..., mostly acquisitions like yours. Nice saws, cases, accessories. Just seemed to follow me home somehow. Never actively pursued any of em. I'll go over em one of these days. Actually pretty easy saws to work on -- once you figure out the flywheel is installed with left hand threads. If you haven't done an oil pump on one yet, they're easy. That was the problem with one of the recent ones. The diaphragm was just dried and stiff. A little oil soak loosened it right up. Diaphragm could also be torn or perforated from age and sitting dry..., or the pickup body simply clogged. Still need to tear the saw apart to service the pickup line unless you're very lucky and can retrieve and clean the filter without pulling the line off the pump barb.

Hey Pogo keep an eye peeled for a Homie Super EZ in blue and white. Have a full wrap handle that needs a home.

Latest posts

Back