• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl 084

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChoppyChoppy

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Nice saw, took it in at the shop today to show and sell for the owner.

It's been well cared for, just has normal wear and tear like worn off paint on the handle. It's clean, though hasn't been gone through with a Q Tip or anything crazy like that!

The owner bought it new, used it one season down in SE AK working for Weyerhouser and it's pretty much been something he fired up once in a while to show people since.

For those not familiar with AK, this would be the area of the state that the Ax Man guys logging in AK were. It's a similar climate to the logging areas of Washington and Oregon.

There's pretty much no tree in this area that a person would need a saw this size, so I don't expect the demand to be very high. Maybe for a chainsaw mill I suppose, though again, typically around a ~24" bar is plenty for those.

He does had a few bars for it, but shipping a bar would be $$. He mentioned that he normally ran a 60" bar and .063 3/8" skip chain when he was working.

If there is any interest, I can try to do a compression test on it. I tried cranking on it earlier and it's more than my back was going to handle right now. Way more ass needed to pull than the ported 460s I run or even the Husky 2100 I used to have.
It does run fine.

Oh.. price is $1000. It's a pretty heavy saw, so I'd expect shipping to L48 likely around $100.

Does the manual Oiler work ?

This is the first one I've seen so I can't compare, but pushing the button does make bar oil come out the oiler slot. It seems stiffer than an oiler button on let's say a ProMac 610, but I'd guess it's just by design.

Back